Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fiberglass bedsides and gas filler neck (glassworks)

Old 06-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Fiberglass bedsides and gas filler neck (glassworks)

Quick question for those who have fiberglass bedsides. They are obviously wider so what did you guys do for the gas filler neck? Since it now sits in compared to the bedside? Pics would be helpful as well! Thanks!

Shane
Old 06-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna know this answer
Old 06-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
I know this came up in the past but i believe you use the piece from the 4-Runners, ask in the LT BS Thread!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
I know this came up in the past but i believe you use the piece from the 4-Runners, ask in the LT BS Thread!
Really?? I'll check in with the LT BS thread though
Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Milowilli
Milowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Miles
Milowilli's Tacoma Gallery

Covered up with ABS plastic liners.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
what is that liner

I am in the process of putting on the defined spring under kit with shock hoops and was looking for ideas to cover bed holes from shocks. where did you get the abs liner from. That looks perfect. Also who makes your bedsides i just ordered fiberworks bedsides and they told me my stock hoses should fit for the filler tube since i have a long bed
Old 02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like glassworks
Old 02-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #10
Milowilli
Milowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shedMilowilli is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Miles
Milowilli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1981 View Post
I am in the process of putting on the defined spring under kit with shock hoops and was looking for ideas to cover bed holes from shocks. where did you get the abs liner from. That looks perfect. Also who makes your bedsides i just ordered fiberworks bedsides and they told me my stock hoses should fit for the filler tube since i have a long bed
Those are Glassworks Fenders. You may have to extend hoses for it to fit. Be careful with plastic pipes as they can break up towards the filler cap.
I used black ABS plastic sheets for the liners 3/32 thick and 3/16 thick for bed holes. The sheets can be moulded into shape with a heat gun. For the thicker plastic I moulded and screwed it into the bed. For the liners I used plastic push in clips. Same on front fenders. For the defined kit I had to do a shackle flip as the rear sagged down too much for my application.
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/p...abs_sheets/524