1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A possible new forum for TW

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nd, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Jul 27, 2007 at 8:07 AM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Here's the deal, after hearing that ToyotaNation had a forum dedicated to hood swapping, i decided to go over there and sign up so see if i cant get myself a hood with a scoop. Anyway, i started cruising the site a little. Let me say that i'm not trying to brown nose with tc, but this site is much better run. I think TW is more organized and has an overall "cleaner" look. Plus, there is a descent amount of flaming over at TN and i like the atmoshpere better over here. Anyway, one forum that they had that i liked was the "photoshop" forum. This is where people can upload pics and then request that they be altered so they can see what a mod looks like before they sink money into doing it. I have to say i thought that was a really cool feature. I don't know if anyone on this site is good with photoshop, or has time to take photoshop requests, but if so i think that would be a cool addition to the site. I know i am considering some mods i have never seen before and would like to see what they look like before i commit. Now that i think about it this thread may belong under "site suggestions" but i didnt think about that till now, so tc, you may need to move it, i dont know. Anyway, is anyone interested?

2. Jul 27, 2007 at 8:49 AM
    stratton

stratton Well-Known Member

Member:
    there is the one site that you can see what you tires look like on your truck, and also you can lift the truck too. but i tried to do this and i think i had to pay for the program. is there a site somewhere that is free. i bet there is a site that can you add on diff mods. it would be a good tool for like toytec or something. if people can see what the truck COULD look like i bet they would buy their products.

3. Jul 27, 2007 at 9:23 AM
    TRDeity

TRDeity Well-Known Member

Member:
    ATX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDpro
    I'm pretty good with Photoshop but unfortunately I don't have a computer to run it on right now. My home computer died a few months back and I haven't had the finances to fix it or get a new yet, but if you would like to sponsor me with a new computer that is capable of running photoshop well I will do all the photoshop you want nd :thumbsup:

4. Jul 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I beg to differ about the flaming part over on TN. Which topic or forum was the flaming occurring? TN doesn't tolerate flaming, personal attacks, etc. at all. We give warnings and if the warnings go unheeded the person gets banned. If you want to see flaming then head on over to TTORA... makes you wonder if there are any mods there at all.

I agree that TW is well run, but I assume it's so because there are relatively few members here as compared to TN. We have 7 mods just in the truck/SUV forum alone, that should tell you how many members post in the truck section let alone TN as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I think TW is a fantastic site, but IMO you're comparing apples to oranges.

5. Jul 27, 2007 at 11:13 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I haven't encountered any flaming on TTORA or TN, but on TundraSolutions - oh yeah.

As for the Photoshop thing, I am planning on taking a class on photoshop this semester. I could get some practice out of this, so I am on-board. I just don't know how good I will be. :p

6. Jul 27, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I'll have to get some pics to ya so you can play with them. Maybe "flaming" is the wrong word. I'll just say that there is more tolorance of rude comments leading to some tension among members. I ran across a few instances of this but i can only actually remember one. it was in teh hood swap section. someone said the section was just for people who wanted hoods without scoop and it was annoying that people who wanted scoops kept posting. someone responded by saying "then stop reading posts, no one had a problem till you got here". Not really a big deal but there is very little "rudeness" on this particular site. like i said, i came across a few examples of this but this is the only one i could rmember. anyway, i like this site much more. its more friendly and intimate (not meant in a dirty way). you could compare it to a small town vs a large town. i like small towns better :)

7. Jul 27, 2007 at 1:10 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I follow you now. :amen:

8. Jul 27, 2007 at 3:58 PM
    coreyredken

coreyredken Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Georgia, Mount Airy
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Westin Stainless Steel Oval Side Bars!
    Me likes small towns better too! I agree Ndcouch!

9. Jul 27, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    sunruner19

sunruner19 Senior Senile Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Y
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4WD
    supercharger, ARE series 2 lid.
    Personally, I think TN is full of SNOTNOSES............

10. Jul 28, 2007 at 9:18 AM
    Beverly0817

Beverly0817 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It's alright to be little bitty................Oh, I prefer a small town as well. Big cities are fun to visit!

11. Jul 28, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Thanks for the insight.... :rolleyes:

12. Jul 28, 2007 at 10:51 AM
    nceguystaco

nceguystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    im new here and have found everyone to be very nice even when they might have a differnt idea think i will stay in the small town :)

Products Discussed in

To Top