Notices

TRD off road / TRD sport suspension differences

Old 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
TheJamesAbides is on a distinguished road
Name: James
TheJamesAbides's Tacoma Gallery
TRD off road / TRD sport suspension differences

hey guys - new here.

bought a 2012 Tacoma TRD Off Road about a month ago and (long story short) swapped it out for a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport two days ago. i like the style differences (scooped hood, colored mirrors, etc) better on the Sport, but i MUCH preferred the stiffer ride of the Off Road version.

dealer has not been much help - does anyone know what the specific differences are between the front ends or what i might need to do to get that Off Road feel back? EX: both have Bilstein shocks, but are they different, are the coil-overs rated different, etc??

somebody help! love my new truck but REALLY need to get that stiffer ride back! thanks in advance!

james
Old 07-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Are you god dam retarded or something?

OP I actually thought you were trolling. Your question has been asked so many times on this site it's not even funny anymore. I guess I just know about researching before I make a purchase.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
BlackT4R is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
BlackT4R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
Sig worthy right there. lol
Old 07-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
...and there it is.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile View Post
...and there it is.
Well he did say he was looking to get that stiffer ride back.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
lmao. hilarious, yeah i set myself of for that. meh, i'm a noob here but wft i can dish that shit too. :-p

thanks for the info. also swapping out the stock rims and tires, so pics soon.

also wanna do the TRD cat-back exhaust. i saw some vids on here but they weren't all that - anyone know if it's worth it?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Off road front coils check B/S/T section
Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
throw some bilstein 5100s at .85"

You'll get the stiffer ride while leveling it out some all under $200, win/win in my book
Old 07-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
A guy asks a question and gets a dick response. This is why so many guys from 5 years ago left.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by red06toy View Post
A guy asks a question and gets a dick response. This is why so many guys from 5 years ago left.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious, how much stiffer is the Off Road over the Sport? I have a 2012 Sport and feel every bump in the road, enlighten me please.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc35 View Post
I'm curious, how much stiffer is the Off Road over the Sport? I have a 2012 Sport and feel every bump in the road, enlighten me please.
Honestly I didn't feel any difference riding in a Sport or driving my OR.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
take your sway bar off
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
take your sway bar off
Why would I do that?
Old 07-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #19
it's tough to define. the test drives were one thing and yeah it was hard to tell. but once i was rolling home over the usual potholes, i could for sure tell the diff. the sport cushioned more, the o.r. had way quicker snap back, owned them like a boss. i prefer the latter. or say a manhole cover you can feel through the seat on the offroad, the sport is more, ""meh."
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #20
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why would I do that?
It allows the front left and front right suspensions do work independently.