Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exstang Trifecta Soft Folding for 2012 Tacoma Access Cab

Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
GreenMountainBoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
GreenMountainBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Exstang Trifecta Soft Folding for 2012 Tacoma Access Cab

Im interested in purchasing the Exstang folding soft trifecta cover for my 2012 tacoma access cab. Does anyone know if there is any cutting to make this fit on this model? Also I saw one like it on a tacoma a while back and it seem to hump up and not lay flat at the folding joints. How do they look after installation?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Outdoorsman
Jere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to allJere is a name known to all

Jere's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the Extang Tri-Fold on my 2011 4cyl 5Sp Access Cab (MGM too).

There was no cutting. The install takes about 15 minutes. The proper hex wrench for the front two connections is included in the kit. I had to lay in the bed on my back to make that attachment, so some of the time was spent crawling in there, and out again. The back connections are spring loaded hand attachments, and take just seconds to attach.
All attachments are to the existing rail system. The existing tie downs can stay, though depending on where you currently have them, you might have to slide them forward or back so they don't interfere with the mounting blocks.

Integrated into the Tri-fold are three aluminum staves that provide the bridge across the bed at the fold points.

They are not very obvious in this picture:

Just slightly more so in this picture from pretty close to a parallel camera angle:

Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
Im ordering one soon, I contacted the guy on here from truckaddons.com and he has by far the best price I've been able to find!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the extang trifecta on my ride and no problems what so ever.. Install took very little time.. Took longer to open the box and take it all out and locate all the hardware.. Have had absolutely not one complaint with it.. keep sthe water out and more imporatantly the snow in those new england winters.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
jmontgomery is on a distinguished road
jmontgomery's Tacoma Gallery
where is the contact for the truckaddons.com guy?