1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thule Xsporter question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Eternal24k, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Jul 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    Eternal24k

Eternal24k [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    Anybody with a Thule Xsporter and a full size bed have photos of how low the racks can be adjusted? I want to double check that they can go lower than the cap.
    Also, any other input would be great, ability to move easily?

I miss my TracRac sliding system, trying to find an alternative that will allow me to park in the garage.
    thanks

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I don't have the 6' bed but I'm sure the plastic bed material flares at the bottom just like my 5' does. I cut the bottom of mine and it sits below the cab.

3. Jul 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    I have the thule racks and a 6 foot bed, without cutting the bottom of the racks mine can be set about an inch or two below the top of the cab

4. Jul 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    here ya go, the bottom of the racks hit the inside of the bed where the cubby and outlet are as you can see. i bought the racks and toolbox the day after i bought my truck, i use them all the time. i think these are much cleaner looking compared to the trac racks or a traditional steal lumber rack. if you get these make sure you use the rubber strips, without them the racks will whistle bad. i cut the rubber things into 3 sections , one long section for the middle and two little strips about 4 inches for the ends. if you do this you can leave the stops on and still have the rubber strip, or take the stops off so it looks cleaner haha. i fit into my 6 foot garage door no problem.

tacoma.jpg
    thule racks.jpg

5. Jul 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    oh ya, and you can buy the clamps to make the racks compatable with the tacoma bed utility track or whatever, i think it was like 60 more, you can see them in the picture

6. Jul 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    Eternal24k

Eternal24k [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    thanks for all the replys.
    Looks like one is definitely in my future

7. Jan 24, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    aaol1

aaol1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sam
    victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    10' TRD sport DCLB
    Rear diff breather Plasti dip emblems and rims Garmin glo GPS receiver + ram mount with tablet Toytec BOSS lift with rear AAL Custom steel bolt-on sliders with kickout Custom aluminum bed rack Wild Coast Tents Sundog RTT mounted to rack 2 x Treds PRO Lime green mounted to rack Shovel + Hi-lift mounted to rack Cheap bush bar 2 x CREE LED light pods with hood mounts 265/75R16 Hercules Terra Trac ATII
    I know this is old, one quick question, so for sure the rack stop at that lip in the bed near the cubby and outlet? and the only way to get it lower is to cut the rack length?

Products Discussed in

To Top