Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thule Xsporter question

Old 07-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Eternal24k's Tacoma Gallery
Question Thule Xsporter question

Anybody with a Thule Xsporter and a full size bed have photos of how low the racks can be adjusted? I want to double check that they can go lower than the cap.
Also, any other input would be great, ability to move easily?

I miss my TracRac sliding system, trying to find an alternative that will allow me to park in the garage.
thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the 6' bed but I'm sure the plastic bed material flares at the bottom just like my 5' does. I cut the bottom of mine and it sits below the cab.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I have the thule racks and a 6 foot bed, without cutting the bottom of the racks mine can be set about an inch or two below the top of the cab
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here ya go, the bottom of the racks hit the inside of the bed where the cubby and outlet are as you can see. i bought the racks and toolbox the day after i bought my truck, i use them all the time. i think these are much cleaner looking compared to the trac racks or a traditional steal lumber rack. if you get these make sure you use the rubber strips, without them the racks will whistle bad. i cut the rubber things into 3 sections , one long section for the middle and two little strips about 4 inches for the ends. if you do this you can leave the stops on and still have the rubber strip, or take the stops off so it looks cleaner haha. i fit into my 6 foot garage door no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Thule Xsporter question-tacoma.jpg   Thule Xsporter question-thule-racks.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #5

oh ya, and you can buy the clamps to make the racks compatable with the tacoma bed utility track or whatever, i think it was like 60 more, you can see them in the picture
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Eternal24k's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the replys.
Looks like one is definitely in my future