Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED running lights?

Old 07-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
kencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud ofkencraw has much to be proud of
Name: Ken
kencraw's Tacoma Gallery
LED running lights?

I bought the following replacement LED daytime running lights for my 2012 Tacoma:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i01

The "Putco Amber 3157 Type 360-Degree High Intensity LED Premium Replacement Bulb" (for those who don't want to click on the link)

When I put them in, it blew the 15A turn/hazard fuse, which really surprised me.

Anyone have that happen? Did I just get a defective pair? Has anyone successfully used them? Or what about a different brand of LED bulbs in the daytime running lights?

Also, I didn't realize (I'm not sure why, it's obvious) that the daytime running lights are also the turn signal/hazard lights. I've heard that sometimes LED replacements don't use enough current to trigger the toggling. Does anyone know if that's an issue with the Tacoma and the daytime running lights?

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
Got the wrong bulb Theres some threads in here explaining how to check what bulbs you need.Some has positive and negative on same side and the other has pos and neg on oposite sides .something like that Try do a search.Some good info.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
dlg636 has a spectacular aura aboutdlg636 has a spectacular aura aboutdlg636 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Darrin
dlg636's Tacoma Gallery
you need to do them one at a time cause they have a positive and negative side. one or maybe both could be backwards. same thing happened to me when i changed mines. went through a couple fuses doing mines but once i got them the right way they worked perfect. goodluck
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pm Chris (csjumper2003) he will point you in the right direction.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
You need non polerised, ive blewn fuses using polerised before.