1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transmission lag

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blygy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jul 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    Blygy

Blygy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    Hi everyone.. I am fairly new here and I have a question..

Can anything be done to increase the line pressure in an automatic?? either physically or electronically.

These transmissions really take their time shifting..

I am hoping there is another solution other than the go get a valve body from a wreckers and send it out for 700 bucks worth of mods..

Thanks

2. Jul 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    theturbodog

theturbodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    I had a lot of lag and just weird shifting in general until I did a tranny service with fluid flush

3. Jul 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Never experienced that with my 07...shifts smooth as butter. Have you tried disconnecting the battery to get the truck to re-learn or check if there's any tsb's for that on the 012's.

4. Jul 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Not a bad price really

5. Jul 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    Blygy

Blygy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    I expect it to get the shifting done and over with quickly.. The bigger a piece of equipment is the faster I expect it to shift.. Most wear takes place at the shift points..

My experience is with power shift transmissions in heavy equipment so maybe i am expecting too much. My 06 Dodge Megacab shifted quicker. I guess Toyota set these up for most people who don't want to feel shifts..

Hopefully when the supercharger goes on the reflash helps with this problem or else Toyota will be buying me a couple of transmissions before warranty is up.

6. Jul 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    The A750F is about the strongest, most reliable auto that Toyota has produced. You'll be fine. Give it some time, mine shifts just fine.

7. Jul 4, 2012 at 5:31 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    A while back, I read of drilling on of the pistons in the ATF valve body with a small hole to shorten the shuttle time and give improved shifting.

It may have also involved adding a short spacer to limit that pistons stroke.

Apparently the intent, and it worked according to the guy posting about it, was this gave a firmer shift, shorter shift point.

Sorry I didn't save the link. It's somewhere on the net, do not believe it's here.

PK

Products Discussed in

To Top