Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I miss my Tacoma already...

Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... I'm back...

Camry was a great car, but not for me... I took a bit of a loss, but at the end of the day, I was happier with the Tacoma, so I got another one...Diff Color, Diff options, but a Tacoma none the less...

http://www.royalpalmtoyota.com/detai...w-9466370.html

Dealer did right by me and I only lost about 2k on the whole mistake...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Welcome home
Thank you...Its been rough out there...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #44
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Thank you...Its been rough out there...
been there... sold 1st taco, bought POS Silverado, bought FJ... bought another tacoma...

It's a shitty lesson to learn, but glad I came back to my first love...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #45
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back! Once a Tacoma owner, always a Tacoma owner. Any good stories about your Camry experience? Pros and cons aside from not being a truck?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #46
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Welcome back! Once a Tacoma owner, always a Tacoma owner. Any good stories about your Camry experience? Pros and cons aside from not being a truck?
This ^ because I might be leasing one for a little bit I drive a little to much for a truck I think
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #47
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Well, I got the V6 Camry SE, so let me first state that...It was a great car, and anyone that needs a family sedan but doesn't want to sacrifice a sporty FEEL, it is great. The Gas mileage (one of the main reasons i got the car) wasn't all that amazing...I averaged 21 over 5000k miles where I averaged 17.5 in the Tacoma (75% city). There are people here that are doing that...

On the note of it not being a truck...I did manage to get it stuck in a grass field...it rained and there was a slight slope...I had to get pushed out...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #48
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Well, I got the V6 Camry SE, so let me first state that...It was a great car, and anyone that needs a family sedan but doesn't want to sacrifice a sporty FEEL, it is great. The Gas mileage (one of the main reasons i got the car) wasn't all that amazing...I averaged 21 over 5000k miles where I averaged 17.5 in the Tacoma (75% city). There are people here that are doing that...

On the note of it not being a truck...I did manage to get it stuck in a grass field...it rained and there was a slight slope...I had to get pushed out...
Yeah, I get that mileage with my 4 banger. And that is one of the main reasons I got a truck, we get hard winters up here and I didn't wanna have to put up with being stranded all the time like so many car drivers have to put up with haha. Hope to see some pics of the new ride soon!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Ayyyy! Good luck on the 2012 Tacoma! I would totally trade my 05 for the 12.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
And I've got dogs, dogs and pickup trucks go together like fried chicken wings and football on a Sunday afternoon lol.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #51
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #52
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Truthfully, the Camry's are a fantastic car, the more and more I go on test drives with customers for them the more I learn to love them for everything they are. A Camry vs. a Tacoma is like comparing a apple to a orange though.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #53
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Yeah, I get that mileage with my 4 banger. And that is one of the main reasons I got a truck, we get hard winters up here and I didn't wanna have to put up with being stranded all the time like so many car drivers have to put up with haha. Hope to see some pics of the new ride soon!
Hopefully the mileage wont be worse for me with the DCLB vs the DCSB I had...

Pics will come tomorrow when there is day light out...Prob at dusk, because that's when this truck looks the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Ayyyy! Good luck on the 2012 Tacoma! I would totally trade my 05 for the 12.
2013!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Truthfully, the Camry's are a fantastic car, the more and more I go on test drives with customers for them the more I learn to love them for everything they are. A Camry vs. a Tacoma is like comparing a apple to a orange though.
Absolutely. For a sedan, they can not be beat in my opinion. When its time for the lady friend to get a new car, shes going with the camry... We had actually debated giving it to her, but the payments on both new cars was a bit much for us atm...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #54
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully the mileage wont be worse for me with the DCLB vs the DCSB I had...

Pics will come tomorrow when there is day light out...Prob at dusk, because that's when this truck looks the best...

2013!!!

Absolutely. For a sedan, they can not be beat in my opinion. When its time for the lady friend to get a new car, shes going with the camry... We had actually debated giving it to her, but the payments on both new cars was a bit much for us atm...
There is a reason why Camry has been the #1 selling sedan in america for years... I realize it now more then ever, lol.

Speaking of which I have a DCLB Taco, and the fuel economy is wonderful
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #55
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back and good luck with the new rig!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #56
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, I got the V6 Camry SE, The Gas mileage (one of the main reasons i got the car) wasn't all that amazing...
Wut
Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #57
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Camry SE, nice car!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #58
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
Personly I recommend a 2013 honda accord. The features they come with are going to set the standard for future competitors. But I have to say that, I work for Honda of America. Lol
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #59
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Honda Accord? Meh. My uncle's 08 EX-L V6 is nice except for the noisy interior and crappy stereo. He was never fully happy with the car and now he is looking at a 2013 Touring V6. It is the same thing.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #60
rclangelan is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
rclangelan's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Yeah, I feel ya. I traded my '05 Taco for a 2010 4Runner TE thinking I needed more cargo space. Then, I realized that I was spending $8,000 a year on gas. I traded the 4Runner in for a 2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited (amazing car for price).

Well, my job changed and now I work 0.9 miles from my house. No more gas expenses. My fiance drives 66 miles round trip to work. Her old Corolla was dying, so I gave her the Elantra and bought myself a 2012 Tacoma Baja. Now we have a nice high-mpg car and a rugged 4x4 truck. We are set for a long time.

Once you own a truck, it's hard to live without the bed, and without 4WD.