Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I miss my Tacoma already...

Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my Tacoma already...

Had to sell my truck today. Brought a tear to my eye when I got rid of it. With the current job, an 80 mile (all highway) round trip to work 6 days a week was killing me on gas. I got an amazing deal on a 2012 Camry SE off the showroom floor. $35,000 MSRP Fully Loaded, with literally every option for an even trade. I even got a 6yr/100,000k bumper to bumper warranty. The dealership really wanted my truck...

Ill still miss the truck, it has a spot in my heart...but here's the new one...

Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Like the wheels on that Camry.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Dang you had an awesome truck

Those are pretty nice cars though
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Great car. Some day you'll be back in a Tacoma.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Had to sell my truck today. Brought a tear to my eye when I got rid of it. With the current job, an 80 mile (all highway) round trip to work 6 days a week was killing me on gas. I got an amazing deal on a 2012 Camry SE off the showroom floor. $35,000 MSRP Fully Loaded, with literally every option for an even trade. I even got a 6yr/100,000k bumper to bumper warranty. The dealership really wanted my truck...

Ill still miss the truck, it has a spot in my heart...but here's the new one...

Whoa, even trade... It sucks you had to let go of your Tacoma but enjoy the MPG's, especially with that mileage per week. Don't wander to far away from TW.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear you had to get rid of your truck but congrats on the Camry. Sharp looking car!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Dang you had an awesome truck

Those are pretty nice cars though
Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
Great car. Some day you'll be back in a Tacoma.
About another year or two...Plan is to get married ( ) then pass this on to the current fiance and trade her car in for another Tacoma. I'll have the next promotion and company car by then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Whoa, even trade... It sucks you had to let go of your Tacoma but enjoy the MPG's, especially with that mileage per week. Don't wander to far away from TW.
Never...then I might miss out on the shenanigans...
Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post some interior shots?

It looks great, I'm glad you stayed in the Toyota family.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Its purdy
Old 07-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
NRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the rough
NRXTM's Tacoma Gallery
i would drop it with nice wheels
Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Hey at least you stayed in the Toyota family. Yep. A guy keeps his loyalty.

Congrats on the new car!!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Can you post some interior shots?

It looks great, I'm glad you stayed in the Toyota family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
Who did the deal, Royal Palm?

Thinking about what you did, I wouldn't mind doing something too. The Tacoma is neat but a gas hog. My warranty is up the end of December. Might consider the change.

PK
Yeah, It was Royal Palm. Vincent or "Vinny"was the salesman. He isn't the most knowledgeable person on the car itself, but he can be persuaded to make a deal. They have a black one just like mine on the lot at the moment. I think it was even like 500 cheaper because it had a different brand of tires on it...PM me and I can get you his number. if you're interested...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
It was basically an even trade. I have $10 cheaper payments for the same amount of time I had remaining on my Taco...and I have 45 days to make the first payment, where I would have had to make the truck payment on the 6th.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Do you have Entune on the Camry? Is it the "premium" version that measures tire pressure, etc.?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
blackpearl11 is on a distinguished road
blackpearl11's Tacoma Gallery
Man, thats a really nice car
Old 07-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
Do you have Entune on the Camry? Is it the "premium" version that measures tire pressure, etc.?
Yes, It does have Entune. Really nice, only complaint is that Pandora sounds better streaming through the iPhone and into Bluetooth than via Entune.

It is the premium version, and I can see individual tire pressures of all tires.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
$35,000 for a Camry... you have got to be joking.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
Member Caught Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFZ View Post
$35,000 for a Camry... you have got to be joking.
It's like the $38k or whatever it is Tacoma Baja...