1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yakima Loadwarrior Won't Work on Factory Rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mrbee2828, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    mrbee2828

mrbee2828 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Virginia Beach
    So I sold my 4Runner and took my Yakima Loadwarrior basket off it this week. I installed the new factory roof racks on the new Taco and to my surprise.... I'm screwed. The Load warrior won't fit on the static factory racks. I measured what the additional 18" extension would be at and it's going to be huge. Has anyone mounted a basket with the etension? At this oint I don't have another solution except for sell it. The Baja factory mount basket looks awesome but it's expensive. Thoughts?

2. Sep 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    MtnManTacoTruck

MtnManTacoTruck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Telluride Co
    Vehicle:
    11' 4x4
    I have this same problem, what did you end up doing? Im upset because I bought the roof rack thinking it was adjustable and im not gonna take it off and send it back leaving holes in my truck. and the basket is brand new from an REI dividend.

3. Sep 13, 2012 at 5:45 AM
    mrbee2828

mrbee2828 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BJ
    Virginia Beach
    I put the whole build on hold for a bit after I got the rack and nerf bars. I'm going to get back into it next spring. Right now the rack is hanging in my garage. I'm either going to buy the extension and have it hang over the front and back or sell it and buy the Baja rack which seems ridiculous at this point. http://www.bajarack.com/tacoma-prs Let me know what you do.

Products Discussed in

To Top