Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 brake Squeak?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #41
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 just got it. It had 11980 miles on it. And it do's it also. I guess I am not the only one. Not sure what Iam going to do. Probably just going to live with it and see what happens at the next brake job.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #42
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
So today was the 5th time Ive taken my truck in for this drum brake squeak. The guys there have done everything possible to get them to be quiet, but this time the service guy called and told me there was nothing more they could do. He did say that Toyota Corp was aware of the issue and they are in the process of a redesign for the drum brakes. Of course, Toyota wouldn't give him an ETA on this. I know there are a lot of untrustworthy people out there, but I have felt like I could trust this guys word. I used to take my wife's Camry there before I ever had a Tacoma. I just thought I would share what I was told with you guys. I hope something comes of this soon.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
2012 DCSB o/r with about 2500 miles and same thing. It's annoying as shit! It only happens at the very end of a stop, within the last split second. I plan on bringing it up at my 5k service. Anyone have any resistance from the dealer about fixing this?

After three times without being fixed, you should be able to claim lemon law and get a brand new truck! Haha
I asked the dealer to look at it.. "oh just brake dust it will go away.." can you clean it anyway" I asked.

then when the service was done, as I am pulling out of the service bay... at 2 miles per hour.. squeeeeeeak..

Nice, there needs to be a TSB
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #44
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
I asked the dealer to look at it.. "oh just brake dust it will go away.." can you clean it anyway" I asked.

then when the service was done, as I am pulling out of the service bay... at 2 miles per hour.. squeeeeeeak..

Nice, there needs to be a TSB
the drum brakes are being re-engineered as we speak. i have been in contact with a supervisor at toyota corp. i hope to have an answer on ETA of the TSB this next week...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #45
stanhope is on a distinguished road

stanhope's Tacoma Gallery
My '12 has been doing it since 6k miles, now has 10k and the dealer has looked at it twice and says it's normal. It has actually gotten a little worse the last few hundred miles.

Mine is definitely the back brakes and it happens just before a complete stop.

Please keep us all posted if anyone gets resolution on this.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #46
Toyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
Toyotacerttech's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb just came out late yesterday for this concern. I have had serval trucks with the same noise. Tech line would tell us how to fix it before the Tsb came out.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #47
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacerttech View Post
Tsb just came out late yesterday for this concern. I have had serval trucks with the same noise. Tech line would tell us how to fix it before the Tsb came out.
do you have the TSB number or a link?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #48

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
do you have the TSB number or a link?
Yes, please can you provide the tsp number for this. Its driving me nuts
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #49
Toyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to beholdToyotacerttech is a splendid one to behold
T-sb-0236-12 if I have time ill try and figure out how to post it.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #50
GoatFiddyone is on a distinguished road

GoatFiddyone's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has done this since new. I just chalked it up to drum brakes being drum brakes. 58,000 miles later and it still does it.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #51

Quote:
T-sb-0236-12 if I have time ill try and figure out how to post it.
Oh, man... that is awesome. I really appreciate you posting this. Mine is so loud and embarrassing!

Hopefully, they will have the driveline vibration TSB out soon. Ive been told its on its way. Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #52
GoatFiddyone is on a distinguished road

GoatFiddyone's Tacoma Gallery
This may sound silly but does my truck need to be under warranty to have the TSB performed?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #53

Service guy got me in for tomorrow morning. They have the parts and Im gittenerdun... ha, im freaking happy.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #54
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Newer vehicles breaks always sqeak it is because they no longer use asbetos in brake pads and new breaks cause a lot of break dust aswell thats why your new trucks breaks sqeak
Old 12-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
Newer vehicles breaks always sqeak it is because they no longer use asbetos in brake pads and new breaks cause a lot of break dust aswell thats why your new trucks breaks sqeak
Ive never had a new vehicle squeal like this. i mean, it is ridiculous. but they redesigned the brake drum shoe and material they use to stop this from happening.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #56
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the club boys, my 2010 has done it since week one. It's just a design flaw most toyotas are coming out with. It sucks but I've learned to live with it.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
T-SB-0236-12.pdf

Thats the TSB if it dont work i can email it to someone and they can post it.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #58
gthupman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tripp
gthupman's Tacoma Gallery
so, has anyone had the tsb done yet? did it solve the issue?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_magic2010 View Post
Welcome to the club boys, my 2010 has done it since week one. It's just a design flaw most toyotas are coming out with. It sucks but I've learned to live with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthupman View Post
so, has anyone had the tsb done yet? did it solve the issue?
You don't have to live with it anymore man... I'm sitting here at the dealership right now waiting on a buddy to pick me up. They around doing the tsb right now.