Notices

2012 brake Squeak?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
gthupman is on a distinguished road
Name: Tripp
gthupman's Tacoma Gallery
2012 brake Squeak?

hi guys,
i have a 2012 DCLB sport that i purchased in january of this year. the truck has 7300 pavement miles on it and has never seen an offroad situation with the exception of a gravel road. the brakes have been squeaking now for a few hundred miles and now squeak at every stop no matter how cold or warm the brake system is.
is this normal?
anyone else experiencing this?
what should i do?

thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Try some brake cleaner. Better yet- take it to the dealer and make them beotches do it
Old 07-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
I call it school bus brakes. I gonna have the dealer check it out when it goes in for service next.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
MySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MySilverTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
happened to mine too im just dealing with it and my leafs squeak sometimes if i park on an incline
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Must be a '12 thing. Maybe Toyota went with different pads/shoes? Check with your dealer service. There may be a TSB for this issue.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
BchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant future

Name: Randy
BchLVers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to BchLVers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthupman View Post
hi guys,
i have a 2012 DCLB sport that i purchased in january of this year. the truck has 7300 pavement miles on it and has never seen an offroad situation with the exception of a gravel road. the brakes have been squeaking now for a few hundred miles and now squeak at every stop no matter how cold or warm the brake system is.
is this normal?
anyone else experiencing this?
what should i do?

thanks
Yes, had the same thing on my 2012. last oil change had the dealer adjust and clean the brakes and all is good now.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
TACOmobbin is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
TACOmobbin's Tacoma Gallery
Happened to me after the first few times I offroaded. I took the highpressure setting on my hose to the inside of the rear drum, and a ton of dust/dirt/sand came pouring out...the problem has been a little better since, but i just turn up my stereo louder so i cant hear it. Lol
Old 07-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
thanks guys, i have a service coming up soon so ill have the dealer check it out
Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #12
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
I've got about 22000 on mine and have experienced the same thing. I also just discovered a broken lug stud on my right rear. I have done some light trail riding but nothing too heavy.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #13
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
If the squeak is coming from the front, all it needs is some brake lube behind the pads. Any place there is a contact point on the back of the pad should be lubed. That will squeak every time you brake if it is dry.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
If the squeak is coming from the front, all it needs is some brake lube behind the pads. Any place there is a contact point on the back of the pad should be lubed. That will squeak every time you brake if it is dry.
This is what I think mine is.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
Just took my truck in for a service and they said the squeak is coming from the front and there is nothing that they can do. Said they would look for a service bulletin but that if I put aftermarket pads on it will void warranty?
Ideas ?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
I think I might try lube on the back, maybe it'll work?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
I have a '12 and mine doesn't do it, but my '07 4Runner has done it occasionally in cold weather for about a year.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Taco2012 View Post
I have a '12 and mine doesn't do it, but my '07 4Runner has done it occasionally in cold weather for about a year.
how many miles on your '12 ?
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthupman View Post
Just took my truck in for a service and they said the squeak is coming from the front and there is nothing that they can do. Said they would look for a service bulletin but that if I put aftermarket pads on it will void warranty?
Ideas ?
These guys sound like they're full of bs. Why would different pads void the truck warranty? Did they even take anything apart and then test drive it after trying to do something about it? It's a shame that so many dealerships are such cheap aceholes.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
These guys sound like they're full of bs. Why would different pads void the truck warranty? Did they even take anything apart and then test drive it after trying to do something about it? It's a shame that so many dealerships are such cheap aceholes.
they say that aftermarket pads are tampering with the safety systems of the vehicle and that automatically voids the warranty. checked the brakes when i got home, didnt appear to have been touched