LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A good/bad weekend for my Taco...

Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
sfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to behold
Firefighter: FIREFIRGHTER, GSAR, HAZMAT, DIVE
sfoxwoody's Tacoma Gallery
A good/bad weekend for my Taco...

Well my 5100's came in from DSM and I decided to do the install myself with the help of this forum, and I was amazed at how easy it was. I had them out in less than an hour, called around and got the best price for swapping my OEM springs, $40 at the Goodyear tire store, had them set at 1.75 so as not to have any alignment issues. Got them home and slapped them in with no problem, then I noticed my passenger side upper ball joint was leaking bad so I decided while I was in there to go ahead and replace it, after calling about 6-7 parts stores finally found one at NAPA. Now comes the fun, I beat and beat trying to get the old one out, finally ended up taking the UCA off and beat some more, finally got it out at 1:15 am, I had to be at work at 8am! I didnt realize it had to be pressed in so I took the UCA back to the Goodyear store and they did it for free! Well I put the control arm back on today but the boot was giving me fits, long story short, I ripped the crap out of it getting it on. I guess seeing it with the billies on makes it not so bad that I have to get the ball joint fixed again, and I saved a load of money doing it myself! I'll post pics when I get new tires and black my wheels out.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoxwoody View Post
Well my 5100's came in from DSM and I decided to do the install myself with the help of this forum, and I was amazed at how easy it was. I had them out in less than an hour, called around and got the best price for swapping my OEM springs, $40 at the Goodyear tire store, had them set at 1.75 so as not to have any alignment issues. Got them home and slapped them in with no problem, then I noticed my passenger side upper ball joint was leaking bad so I decided while I was in there to go ahead and replace it, after calling about 6-7 parts stores finally found one at NAPA. Now comes the fun, I beat and beat trying to get the old one out, finally ended up taking the UCA off and beat some more, finally got it out at 1:15 am, I had to be at work at 8am! I didnt realize it had to be pressed in so I took the UCA back to the Goodyear store and they did it for free! Well I put the control arm back on today but the boot was giving me fits, long story short, I ripped the crap out of it getting it on. I guess seeing it with the billies on makes it not so bad that I have to get the ball joint fixed again, and I saved a load of money doing it myself! I'll post pics when I get new tires and black my wheels out.
LOL. Thats sucks, but at least you gained some experience and knowledge. Too bad it was at the expense of your time and effort.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Just because the boot is ripped doesn't mean it's ruined. Just means it won't last long. The grease will wash out quickly and it will develop play sooner.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
sfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to beholdsfoxwoody is a splendid one to behold
Firefighter: FIREFIRGHTER, GSAR, HAZMAT, DIVE
sfoxwoody's Tacoma Gallery
The one I got from NAPA has a grease fitting on it, so I could just keep greasing it, but I'm going to replace it because I cant stand it! I have to change the wheel bearing out on that side anyway so I'll swap it out then I guess.