Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broken antenna, how to remove?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
toycoma671 is on a distinguished road

Navy: COMM SOL Managment
toycoma671's Tacoma Gallery
Broken antenna, how to remove?

Hey guy's! I get back to my truck from walking out of the mall and some dumb@ss broke of my antenna!! Thank god that's all they decided to do and nothing else to my truck. I tried to remove it but only kept tearing the rubber. Any ideas on how to replace it??
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a picture of it?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Creedmoor Connections
carolinyens will become famous soon enough
carolinyens's Tacoma Gallery
Yea some pics would be super helpful. Otherwise any info sould be harmful instead of helpful
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycoma671 View Post
Hey guy's! I get back to my truck from walking out of the mall and some dumb@ss broke of my antenna!! Thank god that's all they decided to do and nothing else to my truck. I tried to remove it but only kept tearing the rubber. Any ideas on how to replace it??
the base should just screw out. if you need another antenna........i have one you can have...............but it is a stubbie antenna.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
the base should just screw out. if you need another antenna........i have one you can have...............but it is a stubbie antenna.
Ill take it!!!!

if it will fit a 2nd gen.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
They should have fun trying to break off a stubbie antenna next time.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
They should have fun trying to break off a stubbie antenna next time.
and i hate to say.............but some asshole would do it.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They could try. I bench press 350lbs and I doubt very much I could break that thing off. I'd probably rip the whole fender off instead, lol.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #9

Quote:
They could try. I bench press 350lbs and I doubt very much I could break that thing off. I'd probably rip the whole fender off instead, lol.
well...........the stubbie antenna i have is just like a regular antenna, but shorter. it isnt one of those flexible ones.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
A car wash snapped mine of right at the threads. I drilled it out and tried to use an easy out on the rest. The damn easy out snapped off in side the base. I tried to back off the nut on top of the base, but it wont give. Soooo...... now I have no antenna an easy out tip stuck in there and a mangled base. I have bought a new antenna and the nut on top, but the dealer says i need a new base as well. I need to find out if i can reach it through to wheel well or if i have to take off my front quarter panel.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Kylie's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
well...........the stubbie antenna i have is just like a regular antenna, but shorter. it isnt one of those flexible ones.
Is it the thicker one? That's the one I have. Hardly bends at all, a lot thicker than OEM. I could be wrong, of course, since I've never actually tried to break one. Next time I see a Frontier with one, I'll give it a shot.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Is it the thicker one? That's the one I have. Hardly bends at all, a lot thicker than OEM. I could be wrong, of course, since I've never actually tried to break one. Next time I see a Frontier with one, I'll give it a shot.
......give it a good yank man!!!

no, this one is relatively thin, but stout, so i imagine if someone pulled on it, it would really screw up the base. and its actually a shorty antenna....not a stubby.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
A car wash snapped mine of right at the threads. I drilled it out and tried to use an easy out on the rest. The damn easy out snapped off in side the base. I tried to back off the nut on top of the base, but it wont give. Soooo...... now I have no antenna an easy out tip stuck in there and a mangled base. I have bought a new antenna and the nut on top, but the dealer says i need a new base as well. I need to find out if i can reach it through to wheel well or if i have to take off my front quarter panel.
you might be able to deal with your problem if you take off the wheel wells and just try to feel for the broken part. Can you just straight pull it off the quarter panel?