Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oh Deer...my 2012 was molested by a deer...

View Poll Results: What should I go with for a bumper...
Factory bumper 27 17.09%
Off-road bumper (list brand/vendor) 131 82.91%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Deer...my 2012 was molested by a deer...

So I hit a deer. 60 mph he crossed the road and made it allthe way across except for his hips hit my corner bumper.

I need ideas. I know demello offers a front bumper. What doyou guys suggest? Insurance will cover up to the cost of a factory bumper andpaint. Rest is out of my pocket.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your incident. Glad you weren't hurt or the truck more damaged.

I've hit two with glancing blows on my old truck, and the reinforced brush guard did it's job.

I'm saving and researching for a full metal jacket bumper with 3 hoops. I'm steering towards an ARB, but the jury is still out. Besides the bumper, I'll first have to do a complete suspension upgrade to carry it.

I'd say take the insurance money for the repair and put it towards a real deer guard. (or you can buy mine cheap when I take the plunge)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
when they're available for 2012's...relentless, ARB, Demello
Old 07-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
If an aftermarket bumper is available for '12s then yes this is a great time to replace the factory bumper. Especially if something like that would be useful. Sorry about your accident, it's a very common occurance around here too.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
wow looks like you made it out lucky, a lot more damage could have been done!

glad your okay
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless w/ center hoop powder coated white...
Old 07-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I don't off-road too much, and when I do it's nothing extreme. The main reason I got my plate bumper was in the event I came across a deer. So I say get a plate bumper and avoid as much damage as possible in the future.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
thanks Oz!

Look at us bridging the TW Nations gap through a cooperative effort....Eh fuck that.
FU Hillbilly
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
and so it begins...from thread to thread the War on Canada rages
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
and so it begins...from thread to thread the War on Canada rages
Races Hillbilies
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #15
timmyedge is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ammo
Name: Timmy
timmyedge's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to timmyedge
Man, I feel your pain. I hit a deer about a month ago. I just zip tied it back together for now. I live over seas so ordering a aftermarket steel bumper wont be in the works till I get to the states. Either way the shipping for either would be outrageous, so I'm gonna get a steal when I move back.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #16
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy of mine smashed up his front bumper, and with the money he was able to get front and rear all pro bumpers rather than one stock front one!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #17
TRDsportacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
TRDsportacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i say All pro or ARB i think they look the best
Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #18
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
Dang that sucks. If you want am bumper and you don't mind spending the extra cash now would be the perfect time to do it, that's what I did. If you're in a hurry to have a new bumper to put on I'm happy with my all pro. They came out with that new one piece bumper too that looks sweet, but not sure if it's available for 2012. If you have time to wait for one to get made I would recommend relentless. They look sweet and if you can get aluminum you just save that much more weight.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #19
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Molested? Or you just fucking ran into it?

Time for a new bumper! I like relentless and elite bumpers. Other stuff is good, too!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Plate bumper IMO. Click text in sig.