Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 or a 2013?

Old 07-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
lopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud of

lopedogg's Tacoma Gallery
2012 or a 2013?

So I have a little bit of a sad story. Driving home last week and was clobbered by a drunk kid in a Impreza totaling my Taco. My original plan was to get a 2013 but now that I'm ride-less not sure if I can wait that long. If you guys were in my position would you go '12 or wait to see what a '13 brings in a few months? From what I hear the body will stay the same but there will possibly be more options available. anyways RIP my dirty little taco bitch! You'll be missed.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've read there is an optional package that adds a shit ton of chrome, and that's about all I've been able to find between the 12 and 13 models. I'd just get a 12 since you don't have a ride.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Yeah I would just go with a 2012 as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
2012 for sure, dont wait for the chrome package.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
no solid info on the 2013 yet. i've only seen the info from pickuptrucks.com posted in this forum. in case you haven't seen:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...13-tacoma.html
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
lopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud of

lopedogg's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I went with the 2012. Went to the dealer today and checked my options. A 2013 was going to be $90 more a month and he said it was the same truck as the '12. So I got the '12 for less than my '09. Just pissed my off they went to black instead of the sand pearl. Oh well.. guess its time to make it my own again.. not looking forward to the satoshi, BHLM, and the other crap again.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #7
Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.
dimduk is on a distinguished road

Name: patrick
dimduk's Tacoma Gallery
Well it's a mute point but I would have waited until the official info from Toyota is released.The 2013 could have something cool added to the option list.It seems odd to me that they didn't change anything.Every year in the past something has been changed if only a new grill or interior mod.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
+1

I'd wait. Even if you don't like the '13 enough to buy one, the sales people will perform sexual favors on you to clear the remaining '12s.

June and July are not the best times to buy... Spring is the worst.
Best time to buy is late summer when the new models are out but there's still a lot of old inventory... and there's an advantage down the road too.

It's August 25th.
You can buy a 2012, or a 2013.
It's January 25th.
You have a '12, or a '13... with 6000 miles on it.
It's 2017.
You have a 5 year old truck, or a 4 year old truck.... with 80,000 miles on it.

The "5 year old" truck with 80,000 will look better to a potential buyer.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
'13
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
PaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PaintDrinkingPete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
+1

I'd wait. Even if you don't like the '13 enough to buy one, the sales people will perform sexual favors on you to clear the remaining '12s.

June and July are not the best times to buy... Spring is the worst.
Best time to buy is late summer when the new models are out but there's still a lot of old inventory... and there's an advantage down the road too.

It's August 25th.
You can buy a 2012, or a 2013.
It's January 25th.
You have a '12, or a '13... with 6000 miles on it.
It's 2017.
You have a 5 year old truck, or a 4 year old truck.... with 80,000 miles on it.

The "5 year old" truck with 80,000 will look better to a potential buyer.
I've always thought the same -- if my mileage is going to remain constant, the less miles/year seems like the better scenario; but then again, when you do go to sell it, your vehicle is also a "year older"...even if it isn't.

OP has already made their move, but I was going to add that I believe I read somewhere that Entune will be getting an update in the 2013MY vehicles...so if that's a feature that interests you, may be better to get the updated version rather than be a "beta tester" for the buggy Entune being put into the 2012s...although I don't really care because I opted to NOT get an Entune system.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
the positive to entune is that toyota will upgrade the programming for the system periodically. just go a 2 gig flash drive in the mail from toyota. it gave me 3 more apps including iheart radio, upgraded the voice commands which is pretty awesome now, upgraded the map and allows the system to get over the air updates now. at first i was dissapointed with it, but it has grown on me. now that its upgraded it works perfectly for me. just my 2 cents about entune. happy with it
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
We were in the same dilemma. Hardly any changes that was worth the wait for aa '13 so we went ahead and bought a '12 yesterday
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #13
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
I just read an article about the 2013s they're not changing much, just adding a "Limited" package that mirrors the Tundra's version. aka chrome.. maybe leather seats, I personally wouldn't be able to wait until the fall.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
I alao read there might be direct injection for the '13
Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get either year since both will be the same. If you are always going to worry about the next model, don't buy anything ever because the next model will always have improvements.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in same dilemna. Ready to buy, have a spare car for now, but its an olddd peoples car! haha OLDS 98. I am curious if any of these improvements, changes will have any effect on a single cab?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
If you can wait a hair until the 12s go down in price that'd be your best bet IMO
Old 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
+1

I have to disagree with you on this - it's an old wives tale. Dealers have a 1-2 month supply on hand that they refresh as cars are sold. so you buy a 2012 they order a 2013, keeping approx. 2 months of runrate in stock. MAYBE if there is a lone 12 on the lot and it's the last one they might get creative but the color or options may not be optimal. If you think that you will suddenly get a great 'deal' because the 2013's hit the lot you are kidding yourself.

Back on point - if you bought the 12 - congrats and be happy you have a new ride right now. If you are waiting make sure that you hit that little bastards insurance up for a good rental.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Please read the Code of Conduct - Citing Section 12, Page 413, § 4(c) -
At no time will you disagree with Rich91710 as he is a plethora of information...
LOL!

I've gotten some good deals in September and gotten screwed in June.

But also got a fair deal in November on a new model. Could have gotten a great deal on an '02, but didn't want an '02 Tundra.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Duly noted.

Rich is a plethora of information (3,055 posts backs that up!), in this case his information may prove incorrect but he certainly has a ton of information to share ;-)

Every dealer is different and experiences will differ but please don't base any purchasing decisions / strategies on the hope that the 2013's will drive down the prices of the 2012's.......