Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New or used. Really want to pull the trigger

Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Madmartigan 333 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Madmartigan 333's Tacoma Gallery
New or used. Really want to pull the trigger

There is a brand new 2012 at my local dealership. There is also this truck. Both are, for the most the same truck. What would you do? Here is the link to the used.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...archRadius=500
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Catbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Catbone's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you are paying cash, the difference in interst rates will probably make the new one actually cost less. And you will get LED tail lights.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
If you are looking 09+ used, just buy new. The only savings I have seen is 05-08 trucks. With new you get a lower interest rate, lower insurance, and a warranty. You also can get exactly what you want. Although I did see that truck had the OR package. That brand new is 31k by Toyota's website. Although you probably can talk them down a bit. See how low they will go on the 2012 then if its only 2k more just buy new.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
New also means Toyota Care oil changes, tire rotations etc AND no one else has farted in your seat yet. . . maybe.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
AND no one else has farted in your seat yet. . . maybe.
Depends what dealership he went to...I sat in a LOT of Tacomas before getting mine.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan on modding the hell out of it, Get a used one man.

Plan on keeping it stock and just driving, Get new because then you dont have to worry about voiding your warranty or anything and you can be fully covered for how ever long you own the truck.

Personally ive never bought new and probably never will as much as i would love having a truck with 00000 miles... Its a pipe dream. I will always buy used and mod to my liking.

Good luck and i know you will be happy either way when buying a tacoma.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
get a new one. You aren't saving that much if you buy a used one, unless you buy one with over 100k miles.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
New. Used tacos are so high, you're payments will be virtually the same. And the '12s are so sick.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
Madmartigan 333 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Madmartigan 333's Tacoma Gallery
I do plan on doing quite a bit of modifications over a period of time. My plan is to have the truck until I, or it dies. Just like my last one which survived a t-bone once, and the second finally killed him. I also found this 2012,

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...24135411&Log=0

I forgot to mention that the brand new one here in town is listed at 31,000. I wouldn't even know how to talk those grease balls down. Its not a skill i have. I appreciate all the advice and opinions
Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
apdale is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
apdale's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a 2012 Prerunner Access cab and to bargain them down I found a similar model (new) on autotrader, I emailed them the link, and they matched the price. They ended up coming down $3600 from the MSRP listed on the truck, from $27,600 to $23,900. It really pays off to do a little bargaining. Do some research online for what you should pay, print it out and bring it with you. The worst they can say is no...