1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why does it seem like every 2nd gen Tacoma cost the same?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by finchmeister08, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    FourBanger11

FourBanger11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    It's Red and 4WD!
    Stock for now cus im broke from buying it.

HAHA thats right. i was like a little kid driving the thing home its way more fun than my car, ive wanted a toyota pickup my whole life and im 21 now and finally got one.

2. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    That's awesome man, welcome to TW. Hide your wallet

3. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    FourBanger11

FourBanger11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    It's Red and 4WD!
    Stock for now cus im broke from buying it.
    Thanks man. Im so pumped to start modding it. I wanna put my cb radio in it eventually and a little lift and some bigger tires. :oldglory:

4. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    jamesinkeys

jamesinkeys Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    florida keys
    Vehicle:
    pre runner
    pimped
    Stick to your low, low downpayment, no matter how much stealership pressure. To meet the monthlys dealer has to deeply, deeply cut the price of the truck to meet the banks... payment , A.P.R., time ratio. So, your monthlys have skyrocketed, the A.P. R., and years till payoff. But fake it, you really dont care. Make sure before hand their is no prepayment penalty. Because if there is, make a few monthlys, if not pay off in full the first payment. You just made a smokin deal.

5. Jul 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM
    finchmeister08

finchmeister08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Access Cab SR 2.7L 4x4
    Well, one dealership, a rental car place, tried to sell me an '07 double cab with 80k miles 4wd trd off road for $25,900. The lowest they'd go down would be $22,900. I told them I wouldn't pay more than 19k for it since its 6 years old without a warranty. They tried to tell me they they gave more than that on its trade in and that they could get more than 19k at an auction. I just walked out in disgust. Im just gonna hafta go private i guess.

6. Jul 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    Tommy27

Tommy27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Boise,ID
    Vehicle:
    White 09 AC 4x4 2.7 5spd SR5
    Leer shell, Bed mat, Grill Guard
    A semi rough 2008 Black access cab 4x4 2.7 mt with topper went for $19,500 at my auction. At that point I realized its cheaper to buy new or newer. Prices are insane, even my GF thinks it nuts.

7. Jul 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Yup.

Try a non-Toyota dealer that you trust.
    I've bought 2 of my 5 Toyotas from MK Smith Chevy here in Chino... my '94, which coupled with my wife's '00 Echo, sold us on Toyota.
    Wife's '00 Echo was from Longo, won't deal with their service department again.
    '03 Tundra from Crown/Elway... won't walk into that dealership again.
    '04 Rav4L from Carson Toyota. Great experience dealing with fleet, and their service department was good for the couple of things we needed them for (I do my own maint).

But that '94 was the best vehicle I have ever owned, and now I bought my '08 RC Base from the Chevy dealership and after over 7 months and 15k, it seems like a rock solid truck other than the TPMS light being stuck on.

Oh... 2008 RC Base with chrome hubcaps (they look like the steelies), 53k on the clock, it was $13,800 on the lot, we got it out the door tax license and paperwork for around $14,500 last December.

Not a killer price, but not bad at all.

8. Jul 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I faced the same decision when I bought my '09 three years ago. Buy a new one for $22k, or buy one old enough to be cheaper. How old? I had to go back to the '03-'04 model to find one significantly cheaper. And then you're paying used-car loan rates. No thanks...

Severe ultra pet-peeve of mine. "Sale" is not a verb. Sell is a verb. Sorry, not meaning to insult you, but I've seen this so often now (all over the place) I have to start mentioning it.

9. Jul 10, 2012 at 4:51 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    Try CarMax. You can do all of your research on the exact vehicle you want online without a salesman pestering you. You can compare their price to blue book and other pricing guides and know exactly what you are walking into when you finally visit their lot. Sometimes you can walk away with a decent deal. Sometimes you won't, but you will know that ahead of time. Plus, since they don't sell new cars, they have no reason to price used higher to spur the new cars leaving the lot.

Products Discussed in

To Top