1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Really confused!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by buckcreek, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

I'm lucky to get 300 a tank, but that's a good deal of city mixed in with highway and offroad + my truck is very heavy due to added steel oh and aggressive driving doesn't help :D

2. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    TS1980

TS1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma DC 4x4
    I traded my 2007 Tundra 5.7 double cab short bed for my current Tacoma. I previously had a 2006 Tacoma as well. As others have stated, the Tundra gas mileage was horrendous, I dont have a heavy foot and I was averaging 13 mpg. The interior parts were not as good of a quality that I'd come to expect from a Toyota. It was a royal pain in the ass to park. The air induction pumps were giving me problems (google that one) what a nightmare. On the positive its really roomy and fast and people tend to get the hell out of your way and never tailgate. I enjoyed the Tundra for the most part but it was in no way practical. Also as someone pointed out they have a harder time selling Tundra's that's why they are pushing you towards one. They have no problem moving Tacoma's.

3. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    21 - 22 MPG with a lift, an ARE shell and another 150+ lbs of tools in the bed :D

I dropped to 20 - 21 with taller A/T tires and I only get 17 MPG on a long highway run. I've found that if I really baby it, I actually don't do as well so those numbers are normal driving and I'm moderately aggressive I'd say and a fast driver.

I'm guessing your spare just acts as a wind sock because of your tire carrier and isn't doing your MPG's any favors.

4. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Skids, sliders, steel front, steel rear, windsock, 33's, bed rack....yea that does it I guess :D

5. Jul 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    buckcreek

buckcreek [OP] Member

Member:
    I think i will stay with a tacoma, now i have to decide if i want to change to a sport and get a double cab long bed or get the off road double cab and stay with the short bed. I know the longer bed would be handy but i love the way the short bed looks. I know i have to have the double cab, after having one for 10 plus years i couldnt do without. My backseat is always full of tools and extra clothes ..LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top