LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Upper windshield Glass tick Noise TSB

Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Question Upper windshield Glass tick Noise TSB

Have any of you performed the TSB procedure to remedy the Glass tick noise for the Tacoma windshield? It involves dropping the headliner to gain access to the stopper so it can be trimmed with a knife.

I want some advice or hear from someone with experience who has done this. I don't want to F with the headliner blindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-SB-0141-10
If a creak, tick, or rattle noise is heard at the top or bottom of the windshield, or at the top of the rear glass, the source of the noise may be the two stoppers bonded to the top of the windshield/rear glass, or the windshield retainers bonded to the lower edge of the windshield. This bulletin provides the recommended repair procedure to eliminate these types of noises from the windshield/rear glass area.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
mil888 is on a distinguished road
Army:
mil888's Tacoma Gallery
I have not done the TSB myself but I have been going back and forth to my dealer for the very same issue about 7 times now in past 5 months. They have done everything they can according to the TSB repair instructions, but the noise is still there especially during warmer days. I now live in Northern Virginia and the service manager has informed me as of yesterday that they will start a case number against the fault with Toyota North America.

I know you asked for someone with hands-on experience with the repair but I thought I should let you know that the noise did not go away with my truck even after the repair.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
My truck exhibits noise from the passenger side headliner when the truck is hot from sitting in the sun all day. Also noticed some clear glue that may have melted from above the headliner. Don't know what the hell it is, but there is noise nonetheless.

Have not yet got the courage or the time to pull the headliner down to fix it yet. I'm out of warranty too.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
Army:
mil888's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately, the TSB did not solve my issue at all. The noise began from the upper passenger side windshield and now it has moved to the driver side. If you press/release against the upper part of the windshield on warm-temp days, you will definitely hear the noise and that's exactly how my tech found the source of the noise. I will try to keep you up to date with the issue as soon as I hear anything from the Toyota engineers. It is aggravating to listen to the noise!!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #8

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil888 View Post
Unfortunately, the TSB did not solve my issue at all. The noise began from the upper passenger side windshield and now it has moved to the driver side. If you press/release against the upper part of the windshield on warm-temp days, you will definitely hear the noise and that's exactly how my tech found the source of the noise. I will try to keep you up to date with the issue as soon as I hear anything from the Toyota engineers. It is aggravating to listen to the noise!!
Please do report when they solve it for you. Opening a case is good. I've had trouble solved by my dealer when they opened a TAC case before. That's good.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
Army:
mil888's Tacoma Gallery
A long story short, the dealer removed and re-installed, yes, the same mojave desert wind beaten windshield, the front windshield without the guide pins and the instruction to do so came from the engineers in Cali.

It was last week that the dealer performed the procedure and I am hoping this will solve the issue. I won't know for sure until we get warm temp days here in VA to see if the noise would come back and to announce the final verdict. haha. So far, the tick remains to be silent.
Hope this helps Crom and anyone else with similar issues and best of luck~!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the same issue right now in my 2012. Taking it in this week and gonna see what they can do. Ill update the thread as the situation progresses.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #11
Tatanka is on a distinguished road

Tatanka's Tacoma Gallery