Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

seat belt warning=annoying:need a by pass

Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
TACO99 is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
TACO99's Tacoma Gallery
seat belt warning=annoying:need a by pass

my dad just bought a 2012 tacoma does anyone know if there is a way to by pass the seat belt warning thing. cause that dinging gets on my last nerves
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO99 View Post
my dad just bought a 2012 tacoma does anyone know if there is a way to by pass the seat belt warning thing. cause that dinging gets on my last nerves

Once again...

You have to take it to the dealer and let them turn it off with their computer.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Wear your seat belt and it'll go away.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
05-11 yes, 2012 no. I feel your pain because sometimes I haul firewood at our land and don't want to buckle up when I'm doing 5 in a field and stopping every few feet but other than that I'll tell you what everyone else is going to, just buckle up. . .
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
05-11 yes, 2012 no. I feel your pain because sometimes I haul firewood at our land and don't want to buckle up when I'm doing 5 in a field and stopping every few feet but other than that I'll tell you what everyone else is going to, just buckle up. . .
I assumed road use. If nothing else you could track the wires back under the dash and pull the power to the dinger or maybe unhook the wiring harness under the seat like I did in my 1st gen.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #6

TACO99's Tacoma Gallery
yeah well some of its off road for me but my dad dont wear it going down the road and its annoying as heck when i ride with him haha
Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Get a seatbelt buckle and buckle it in. trick the system.

Or wear your safety belt. If my truck is or is going to be in motion both me and whatever passengers I have are buckled in. I've gotten to the point where I'm more comfortable with it on than I am with it off.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
you should get a life insurance mod. your family is gonna need the cash to pay the mortician to make you presentable at your open casket.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #10

TACO99's Tacoma Gallery
dont mean to sound like a prick but i didnt ask for your opinion about me wearing the damn thing, asked if anyone knew a bypass
Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #11
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dont mean to sound like a prick but i didnt ask for your opinion about me wearing the damn thing, asked if anyone knew a bypass
He is a fireman it looks like. I would expect that from him. And he is right.

Anyways, I would get a buckle as mentioned before
Old 07-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #12
JeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeremyGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
JeremyGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, I will go fuck myself
Old 07-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj8259 View Post
Sorry, I will go fuck myself
Hahahahaha
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #14
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Yay another 2012 seat belt thread! Search and wear your seat belt.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
pretty sure everybody loves anything TRD!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Metal-S...ht_2353wt_1189
This........
Old 07-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
Twony is on a distinguished road
Name: Anthony
Twony's Tacoma Gallery
There is a program to turn it off. Look up in the search field. You have to turn the key on, click the buckle in, then click it out, turn the key off but it is very sensitive, so you have to do it very quickly. I will see if I can find the original post. I did it back in 2010 when I bought my 08. The dealer did reset it after I had a the brake pedal recall done but I did print it out but its at home. Good luck, I will post it if I find it.--Twony--
Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Just buckle it in and sit in front of the seatbelt
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #18
tacoma steve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tacoma steve's Tacoma Gallery
What about running the belt behind the seat and buckle it that way
Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twony View Post
There is a program to turn it off. Look up in the search field. You have to turn the key on, click the buckle in, then click it out, turn the key off but it is very sensitive, so you have to do it very quickly. I will see if I can find the original post. I did it back in 2010 when I bought my 08. The dealer did reset it after I had a the brake pedal recall done but I did print it out but its at home. Good luck, I will post it if I find it.--Twony--
This doesn't work for the 2012's.............I took mine to the dealership and they wouldn't disable it for me, but other's have been disabled by the dealership
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how to never hear that annoying seat belt chime. http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2...atbelt3ez5.jpg