LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No-Drill Rock Slider Options

Old 01-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
jckid is on a distinguished road
jckid's Tacoma Gallery
No-Drill Rock Slider Options

I am looking for some rock sliders for my 09 Access Cab. I really like the Shrockworks sliders, but I would prefer something that doesn't require drilling the frame. Does anyone know of a no-drill option for rock sliders/rock rails? I want small round tubing like the Shrockworks design.

Edit: I'm looking for bolt-on sliders, but something that bolts to existing holes.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckid View Post
I am looking for some rock sliders for my 09 Access Cab. I really like the Shrockworks sliders, but I would prefer something that doesn't require drilling the frame. Does anyone know of a no-drill option for rock sliders/rock rails? I want small round tubing like the Shrockworks design.
I belive the shrockworks sliders are goin to be the best bolt-ons your goin to get, Others are goin to be weld-on like allpro's
Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
I belive the shrockworks sliders are goin to be the best bolt-ons your goin to get, Others are goin to be weld-on like allpro's
I think he's looking for weld-on sliders...

Probably pretty much all of them could be welded on whether they're bolt on or not...

All Pros can be bolted or welded (mine are welded
Shrockworks (bullet proff but LONG wait)
Demello

to name a few...
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
jckid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by weihenstephaner View Post
Wow, those are nice! I was almost sold, but then I saw the price!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
jckid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I think he's looking for weld-on sliders...
Actually, I guess I should have clarified...I want bolt on sliders, but ones that bolt up to existing holes. I don't want to drill or weld.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

SnoBoarder's Tacoma Gallery
Demello's Bolt-ons

Mine are being built this week! I bought the Bolt-ons but requested semi gloss powder coat black instead of wrinkle finish as pictured. Jason goes out of his way to use factory frame holes plus he clearences the gussets for existing rivets so you don't have to grind them down. It is recommended that you drill the holes for the bottom mounting bolts for maximum strength.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man, ive been looking for the same thing shrocks take about 9-12 weeks to get after order if i was you i would look at demello offroad and get bare metal theyre having a special on them 375, but you will have to spend 10 mins and drill 3 holes on each side. from what ive heard its not hard to install or drill the holes
Old 01-06-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBoarder View Post
Demello's Bolt-ons

Mine are being built this week! I bought the Bolt-ons but requested semi gloss powder coat black instead of wrinkle finish as pictured. Jason goes out of his way to use factory frame holes plus he clearences the gussets for existing rivets so you don't have to grind them down. It is recommended that you drill the holes for the bottom mounting bolts for maximum strength.
X2. if you aren't going to bash on em' you'll probably be ok w/o the bottom bolts...they are the ones that require drilling. frankly man, just get the Shrocks or Demellos and drill the six holes...it don't hurt that bad after the first one i've not seen any that don't require ANY drilling.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 AM   #11
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

I'm drilling the extra holes without question. I have some brand new titanium bits ready for the task. Thanks because that reminds me that I need to borrow the electric drill for next week. Cordless drills and dull bits are not up for the task for frame drilling.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #12
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
wow, those slee ones are badass...way costly though. anyone here have them? pics?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #13
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBoarder View Post
I'm drilling the extra holes without question. I have some brand new titanium bits ready for the task. Thanks because that reminds me that I need to borrow the electric drill for next week. Cordless drills and dull bits are not up for the task for frame drilling.
i drilled mine w/a Milwaukee 18v cordless...no problem. good bits, slow speed and cutting oil. a carlift helps...don't forget to sheild your eyes.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #14

I don't have an 18V (wish) but I'm thinking the cutting oil will ease the pain. Good idea. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #17
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Have a look at Avid, they have sliders that bolt onto the factory running board mounting holes. They do make a point of explaining that the bolt on's are not intended to support the weight of the truck. They have weld on sliders too.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I will be working on a way to use u-bolts and plates to clamp them on to the frame. I'm going to do all the fab work myself. I'll post some drawings when I figure it out.
Don't hold your breath. Prodjects take a backseat to my job and sidejobs.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I will be working on a way to use u-bolts and plates to clamp them on to the frame. I'm going to do all the fab work myself. I'll post some drawings when I figure it out.
Don't hold your breath. Projects take a backseat to my job and sidejobs.