1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Preferred Shock/Leaf Spring Upgrade?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vwgtiturbo, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jul 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    vwgtiturbo

vwgtiturbo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    California
    Hi guys, I asked about air bags and Bilsteins on the forums a while ago, and everything installed and works like a champ. One thing I am wondering though... My ride is STIFF. The air bags are only at 5psi normally, and with the setup being stiff all the way around, I'm wondering if the Bilsteins are just too stiff for the roads around here (truck does no real off-roading, just getting to out of the way places).

Is there a better shock that someone has experience with, that is better, comfort-wise, than stock, and not as stiff as the Bilsteins? I've dealt with it for this long, but it is really jarring, and I feel like I'm beating the hell out of my truck...

As far as rear leafs... I have airbags, so it isn't a necessity, I suppose, but I'm curious what a recommended leaf setup would be, for a driver, occasional off-road use/load bearing (but once again, no crazy off-roading/rock climbing/skydiving... you get the picture).

There are a ton of options out there, but I'm just looking for options that people are using and can recommend, versus trying a bunch of things and not being satisfied with it (I guess I am paranoid after putting the Bilsteins on...)

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Products Discussed in

To Top