1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blower Motor just quit running on ALL speeds

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kzibjj, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Jul 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    kzibjj

kzibjj [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab L/B 4WD
    I have a 2010 Dbl. cab, 4X4 with just under 40K. I went into a store the other day, blower motor was working fine. When I restarted, I had no blower motor on ANY speed. In looking through forums here, I see problems with resistors, but those fans only work on high. Mine doesn't run at all! I checked fuses...all are ok and everything else works. Cabin air filter was replaced 15K ago, and is clean. It doesn't matter if I have heat or AC on...still no blower motor. One small thing, but probably unrelated...my AC dash button drags, but does work. It was doing that for several months. Any ideas?

2. Jul 14, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    Alanwn09

Alanwn09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Martinsville, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4X4 V6
    Pioneer Head Unit, 1 JL Audio 10'' Sub, Nerf Bars, Tinted Windows, Vent Shades, Bug Deflector, Flowmaster 40 Series, Cobra Cb w/ 4ft K40, 2 KC Hi Lites Behind Homertaco Satoshi Grille, Debadged and Deflapped, Low Profile Toolbox,16 inch M/T Classic II on 265/75/16 BFG All-Terrain TA KO, Scan Gauge II, Fog Lights SOLD AS OF 6-13-2014
    mine did this it should be fixed under warranty but to check it go to you truck and hit your blower motor with something dont do damage but just enough to shake it. Its under the dash on the passenger side and see if that will make it start working again. wont be a permanent fix but will get you air until replaced might have to do it a few times. Might be able to hit it with your hand or kick it a little might do enough to get it going.

3. Jul 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM
    kzibjj

kzibjj [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab L/B 4WD
    Thanks for your reply. I tried that. I also confirmed all electrical connections were tight. Tried jiggling the blower switch, also. It's going into the dealer this week. I have an extended warrranty, so I know it's covered.

4. Jul 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    stabngrab

stabngrab Active Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Off Road 4x4
    hey kzibjj, what did you end up doing about this? Mine has acting the same way.

5. Jul 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    kzibjj

kzibjj [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 double cab L/B 4WD
    Motor was bad. Dealer said they had several. It was replaced under warranty. Good luck with yours

Products Discussed in

To Top