Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does the 2012 Lower trim panel fit on pre 2012 trucks?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #21
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
if you want to check it out, im having a bbq meet thing here at my house next saturday...burbank is about 45-50 mins from my house
That sounds awesome but that is the day my wife flies back into town after being out of state for work, so I don't think I will make it.

I too would rather have them fit in the original spots, but I think the switches themselves might be too thick. I already have the switches, but don't have the panel yet to put them in.

I would want to put the 4 switch blank in, but I couldn't find a picture of that one. I was able to add up the dimensions and that's what I posted.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #22
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
That sounds awesome but that is the day my wife flies back into town after being out of state for work, so I don't think I will make it.

I too would rather have them fit in the original spots, but I think the switches themselves might be too thick. I already have the switches, but don't have the panel yet to put them in.

I would want to put the 4 switch blank in, but I couldn't find a picture of that one. I was able to add up the dimensions and that's what I posted.
ah gotcha...what are you doing friday?? the 3rd...i may be able to drive out there so you can check it out
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah gotcha...what are you doing friday?? the 3rd...i may be able to drive out there so you can check it out
As of right now, nothing.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #24
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As of right now, nothing.
alright, ill keep you posted what time im of work and stuff
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #25

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alright, ill keep you posted what time im of work and stuff
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-location.html

this thread tells how to file the holes bigger
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Name: Michael
Buell's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #28
Go BIG or Go HOME
Buell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud ofBuell has much to be proud of

Buell's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing is this holder thing seems a little crooked, wonder if the 12 would fit and fit better...? maybe I'm wrong though
Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #29
Fuera culeros..

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buell View Post
The only thing is this holder thing seems a little crooked, wonder if the 12 would fit and fit better...? maybe I'm wrong though
It's the same lol...mines loose from take it so many times apart to test clusters it's the same from the 12
Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #30
Go BIG or Go HOME

Buell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the same lol...mines loose from take it so many times apart to test clusters it's the same from the 12
oh ok
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #31
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Height of 2012 lower dash switch area

Quote:
These are the dimensions of the switch holders:
Three switch holder:
Cutout required for installation is 3.05 X 1.90 inches
Finished dimensions are 3.40 X 2.30 inches

Four switches
Cutout required for installation is 4.08 X 1.90 inches
Finished dimensions are 4.434 X 2.3 inches

And here is a link to a thread I found on installing these particular switches and how much to trim.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-location.html

I went to the local dealer and measured the height of the available flat space for mounting switches etc. on the 2012 lower instrument panel piece.

The total height of the flat space on the 2012 dash is 50mm (1.96"). This is an outside dimension, so the available space to cut out would be less than this to accommodate the plastic thickness. Reasonable clearance would depend on the thickness of the plastic, and any ribs on the inside, but estimating 45mm (1.77") I think would be maximum available height. This means the Cutout described above at 1.90" in height would not fit the 2012 lower dash piece.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #32

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
I went to the local dealer and measured the height of the available flat space for mounting switches etc. on the 2012 lower instrument panel piece.

The total height of the flat space on the 2012 dash is 50mm (1.96"). This is an outside dimension, so the available space to cut out would be less than this to accommodate the plastic thickness. Reasonable clearance would depend on the thickness of the plastic, and any ribs on the inside, but estimating 45mm (1.77") I think would be maximum available height. This means the Cutout described above at 1.90" in height would not fit the 2012 lower dash piece.
Thanks for looking into that.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #33
Adreenaleen is on a distinguished road
Adreenaleen's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,
Any updates or pics? Just got my panel and am looking into the switches also. Thanks,

Adreenaleen
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #36

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
So it looks to me like you wouldn't have been able to fit two of the contura switches right next to each other. Am I right? The spacing is too close to each other?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #37
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So it looks to me like you wouldn't have been able to fit two of the contura switches right next to each other. Am I right? The spacing is too close to each other?
It is possible. I had to trim some to get them in. I suppose you could trim a little more on opposing sides and make that work. They might look a little off center that way. The two OEM switches were already there, so I put them like they are to keep the intstall easy.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #38

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
When you say trim the sides, do you mean the sides of the rocker switch or the sides of the lower trim panel to get the switches in?
My truck doesn't have atrac so that's why I am wondering about putting in more than two switches.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #39
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you say trim the sides, do you mean the sides of the rocker switch or the sides of the lower trim panel to get the switches in?
My truck doesn't have atrac so that's why I am wondering about putting in more than two switches.
I meant the side of the trim panel. With no a trac I think you can get 3 switches in there. My pic is not centered just right. There is room between the zombie and the a trac. I dont think trimming the rocker is an option. They are great switches. I didnt get the ones that are lit all the time and now wish I would have. Mine only light up when they are on.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #40
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't that Billy the Kid in your sig? With the Doc Holiday Quote?