1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ive been robbed...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LAoffroadin, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jul 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Check with homeowners or renters insurance... And switch to USAA

2. Jul 16, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    Sorry to hear. What part of Houston did this happen?

3. Jul 16, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I didn't think so, thanks!

4. Jul 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I was curious about this, so I looked it up. you actually CAN, leave a gun in your vehicle, as long as it falls under the proper state requirements.

Per Mass state law:

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
    You can not carry a loaded firearm of any type inside any vehicle in Massachusetts without a class A permit issued by the state of Massachusetts. (So if you have your Class A permit, you should be fine there)
    Definition of Large Capacity Weapon
    A weapon is large capacity if it is a semi-automatic handgun or rifle that is capable of accepting (or readily modifiable to accept) any detachable large capacity feeding device that holds more than ten rounds, OR if it is a shotgun capable of accepting more than five shotgun shells, OR if it is an assault weapon.
    NOTE: A .22 caliber rifle with a fixed tubular magazine is not considered large capacity.
    Transporting Guns in Motor Vehicles
    CLASS “A" LTC: Allows the holder to transport a loaded or unloaded handgun on his person or in a motor vehicle if the handgun is under their direct control. Handgun does not have to be in a locked case or container.
    CLASS “B" LTC: Allows the holder to transport a non-large capacity handgun. Handgun must be unloaded and secured in a locked trunk or locked container.
    LARGE-CAPACITY RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS: No person possessing a large-capacity rifle or shotgun under a Class “A" or Class “B" permit shall possess said rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle unless unloaded and contained within a locked trunk or in a locked case or other secure container.
    NOTE: All rifles and shotguns must be unloaded when in or on a motor vehicle, but only large-capacity rifles and shotguns are subject to the storage requirement. This also applies to Muzzleloading or other Black Powder arms.
    Q: Can I leave my gun in my car if I need to go into the store on my way home from the range or from hunting?
    A: If your handgun or large capacity rifle or shotgun is transported in accordance with the provisions of M.G.L. c. 140, §131C (i.e. unloaded and in a locked case, locked trunk or other secure container) then the gun may be left unattended in the vehicle. Weapons transported in this manner will automatically be considered "stored or kept" in compliance with the safe storage requirements of §131L.
    A person leaving a non-large capacity rifle or shotgun in an unattended vehicle is required to lock the rifle or shotgun in a case/container or in the trunk, or install a mechanical locking device on the weapon (i.e. cable or trigger lock).
    Note: Use extreme Caution when entering Massachusetts unless you have a MA Permit to Carry. The laws are very difficult to understand and certain firearms are not allowed in the state. Follow the links above and read the laws of MA on firearms.

That is strange, because I have been with USAA for 25 years, and my entire annual rate was not even that high, much less being that much higher than another company. I'm not prying, but I can only see that if you have a lot of tickets or something on your driving record. My 20 year old daughter, with 2 speeding tickets only pays $150 per month for full coverage on her car.

And on a side note, USAA will cover the content of your vehicle, even if the vehicle was left unlocked. (Had it happen to a buddy of mine in the Corps.) I would get back with USAA and double check their rates. Just a suggestion.

5. Jul 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Local LEO's basically said," that sucks, whats the vin number..."

6. Jul 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    DunhamAll

DunhamAll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    '12 Access cab, MT, TRD OR
    Rear diff. breather, BHLM, Wet Okoles.
    State Farm is the same way about coverage. Unless your vehicle was damaged or stolen, the property inside is not covered.

It is covered under homeowners/renters policy.

7. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    RadSurfTaco

RadSurfTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    In Ocean or My Taco...trolling up & down Hwy 1
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner MGM DC SB

When I lived in Hawaii I had a friend from So Cal move to the Big Island. He got a killer job as a professional diver and wanted to move out of LA to a 'safe' place to raise his kids. One night some guys tried to do a home invasion while he and his family was there. He took out a shotgun and blew a couple of them away, dead. He was never arrested and was praised by the local police and in the news. I know drugs like ice have a lot of negative impact on people, but again, would they want someone busting into their home and fuck up their wife and kids, or parents...such an ass backwards way to live in the world. Should take all the criminals and let them spend some time in a shit hole third world country, make them realize what a great society we actually have despite it's problems and how little they contribute to anything...

8. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    exactly, thats why I have a console vault for my pistol, with my lcc

9. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    ccurtis0805

ccurtis0805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cale
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4
    5100s all around, rear tsb, interior LEDs (center console, driver & passenger side floor boards, glove box, under a/c controls, rear cupholders; BHLM; DIY Satoshi
    Just robbed this weekend. Fuckers took my tupperware full of change and my camera out of my console. And a little keychain flash light.

10. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    If I drive somewhere and get out of the truck it only locks if I use the FOB... like when I drive to the gas station and fill-up the taco has never locked itself and I leave the doors closed.

If I do lock with the FOB and then unlock with FOB, truck will auto re-lock within 30 seconds if a door is not opened. I have an '11, not sure if this changed with the '12.

11. Jul 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    This is why I drive an older 1997 Toyota. Most thieves look at my truck and laugh...lol

12. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    But then you risk getting stopped by the police....lol

13. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    And then you can tell the judge the same thing....and then pay the fine that goes with the ticket that will most CERTAINLY stick.
    Probably worth a trip to the doctors to try and get a note for tint, cause your method pretty sure that ain't gunna work.

14. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    I think it's the same for most insurance companies ..... contents are covered by your homeowner insurance or rental property insurance if you rent.

15. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    6spd

6spd Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    Well, I learned the hard way like you did that someone always wants what you have in your vehicle. So now you'll keep anything of value out of plain sight? My only advice to you is chalk it up as anxpensive learning experience and grow from it.

16. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    SuperWhiteSLT11

SuperWhiteSLT11 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    PHILA. PA.
    Vehicle:
    SLT LONG BED
    SUNTEK WINDOW TINT 15% FRONT & 20% REAR DOORS & SLIDER , EGR WINDOW SHADES ,
    Sorry , your things were stolen , if you have home owners , it may be covered under personal property , I once had a Fender guitar stolen from my truck and was able to file a claim under my home owner insurance, it's worth checking it out , you may have a policy that covers personal property , call your agent.:cool:

17. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast

I thought that was common knowledge. I guess not...

18. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    you'd be surprised how often people leave valuables in their vehicles...

19. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    6spd

6spd Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    Username is appropriate

20. Jul 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Even out of plain sight they will take the chance. My moms truck got things taken from it a few weeks back. They took some change and keys for another house that were in the glovebox.. Fuckers

Products Discussed in

To Top