1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mirror removal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tntacoma, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Jul 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    tntacoma

tntacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    Have not seen this discussed any where else. Just an FYI for anyone interested.

Installed imMrYo's mirror relocation bracket. I can't say enough about this product, very well made and yet so simple.

After ten minutes of pulling my hair and scratching my brain, I finally figured out how to remove my mirror. Most have some sort of set screw and some even have a cover that has to be removed to get at said set screw.
    Not my 2007 Tacoma DC. All you have to do is grasp firmly at the base or the mirror stem closest to the windshield and firmly pull upwards towards the headliner while applying pressure towards the windshield, and poof its off. No set screw, just a tension retainer clip. Easy peezy.
    Thanks imMYo, we'll made bracket.

Anyone that wants to relocate you mirror towards the headliner to get it out of the middle of your windshield to eliminate the blind spot, this is the way to do it. Looks clean and OEM.

2. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    tntacoma

tntacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    I forgot to mention the honor system. I have not had anyone do that other than my Freemason brothers. It's good that good people still exists. I am sure he looks at the people on this forum as he would a close friend. Koodos.
    I hope he doesn't get burned.

Products Discussed in

To Top