Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadged the tailgate today

Old 01-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco93 View Post
Looks good, however I'm curious to know why people love debadging their vehicles? I like the fact that my tailgate has the Toyota Tacoma badge as well as the V6 SR5 badges.... just curious?
You know, i don't know, i just think the ones on the gate look way to overpowering, I have however decided that i really like the ones on the side, and might just paint them black.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #22
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
i personally think it looks cleaner. it doesn't matter to me if people know my truck is a Toyota/Tacoma/SR5/PreRunner. plus i'm trying to de-chrome my truck...lol.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
kris219 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kris
kris219's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
You know, i don't know, i just think the ones on the gate look way to overpowering, I have however decided that i really like the ones on the side, and might just paint them black.

speaking of painting badges. how exactly do you do that?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #24
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris219 View Post
speaking of painting badges. how exactly do you do that?
i wouldn't do it the way i am gonna do it. But i'll tell you how ima do it anyway. i am gonna tape and line the heck around the badges, scuff up the badges, then i am gonna hit them up with spray on bed liner, so they can take a lil bit without losing the paint. Thats just how i would do it, i know there are better ways, like taking them off and plasti-dipping them, but if i take em off, they are never going back on, lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #25
jonathan has a spectacular aura aboutjonathan has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
jonathan's Tacoma Gallery
Scrathes from Debadging

I have been waiting for a warm enough day to debadge and tried to rush it yesterday BAD mistake!
The side TRD stickers came off no problem.
I used a brand new plastic scraper, heat gun and 3M Adhesive remover, but I must have been too aggressive and scratched the paint.
Any tips to easily remove the scratches and swirls?
Do any of those polishes with black pigment in them work?