Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Debadged the tailgate today

Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Debadged the tailgate today

Man, that was a feat!! It wasn't that hard getting the badges off, but getting the sticky tape like stuff off, man did that suck, got blisters on the tips of a couple fingers now from rubbing that stuff off, oh well totally worth it, looks hella clean now, i'll take a shot of the gate after i wax it tomorrow and post it up so those of you thinkin about doing it can see.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
very nice. Congrats on the free mod. took me 3 hrs to debadge my truck in the middle of december about 3 years ago when it was about 14 degrees out. Be happy your in Cali.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Definately looks clean afterwards post some pics when your done.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How did you remove the badges? My tailgate looks like a Toyota billboard with all the badges on it, this is something I would really like to do.
Thanks
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
its actually really easy, have someone hold a blowdryer to the badge, let it get hot, and slide a piece of floss behind the badge and basically use a sawing motion with the floss to cut the glue. When the badge pops off use some goo gone to remove the sticky stuff, and use some cleaner wax to clean up after yourself when the goop is gone. It takes about 15-20 mins, but looks so much better.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing line works too (I used 6 lb line). I used WD-40 and cleaned it up with Windex.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #7
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
Man, that was a feat!! It wasn't that hard getting the badges off, but getting the sticky tape like stuff off, man did that suck, got blisters on the tips of a couple fingers now from rubbing that stuff off, oh well totally worth it, looks hella clean now, i'll take a shot of the gate after i wax it tomorrow and post it up so those of you thinkin about doing it can see.
i love that your from socal and you used hella in this.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I use WD 40 for a litte soak, then a rubber, not plastic cooking spatula.

Finished off with goo gone, then soap and water then wax.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #9
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey05taco View Post
i love that your from socal and you used hella in this. :d
lol
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
darksyde is on a distinguished road
darksyde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Maybe he was from norcal? im from socal and i use hella all the time..LOL
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #11
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere on this site about using Goo Gone and let it soak in from the topside. It disolves the glue. I will try that after tomorrow and let you know.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #12
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys- I may try it this weekend. I'll take some before and after pics.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
dunno how good the shots are, its kinda late and i just got off work. But heres the smooth debadged gate.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #15
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyde View Post
Maybe he was from norcal? im from socal and i use hella all the time..LOL
I am originally from NorCal, about 14 years ago, lol. Hella is my thing, i always catch crap for it.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
Desert Riding Ninja

A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
looks great A.D.
Thanks man, kinda makes the pain from the blisters on the tips of my fingers from rubbing the glue off go away, lol.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, nice and clean!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
looks great bro!

x2 on the fishing line. i did mine sunday and used 30 lb braided line but it took it right off without a heat gun. peeled the glue off with my fingernail and used goo gone to get the residue off.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #20
Taco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco93's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, however I'm curious to know why people love debadging their vehicles? I like the fact that my tailgate has the Toyota Tacoma badge as well as the V6 SR5 badges.... just curious?