Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have a 2012 Tacoma?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #21
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a '12 and love it. I do like the restyled dash.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcmn7 View Post
I asked the dealer and she didn't have any idea. It seems to only happen after its been on for a while so we couldn't get it hot in the service bay
I'll have to see what they say when I go in for my 5k service. I'll let you know.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
FLAWLS1 is on a distinguished road
FLAWLS1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
No one has a 2012 Tacoma on this site. There are tons of threads on this already.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc35 View Post
Nope, no one here has a 2012. The owner of the site restricted posting of any owners post 2011.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you drive any year second gen you have already driven a 2012.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If you drive any year second gen you have already driven a 2012.
True, except for the interior refresh.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
True, except for the interior refresh.
It is 99% the same truck. The 1% is for any changes made.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
Catbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shedCatbone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Catbone's Tacoma Gallery
Mine gets hot, too. Ironic when you consider that the backlight is so dim you can't read it in the daytime.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Love my 2012 TRD Off Road, go for it! You gotta get TRD OR so you can have A-TRAC b/c without it you ain't gettin no where
Old 07-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #30
Next Level Tactical. On FB
Chris Rainero is on a distinguished road

Name: christopher
Chris Rainero's Tacoma Gallery
Loving my 12. AC 4x4. I can't wait to start dressing her up. I like the front end and the dash refresh.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #31
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcmn7 View Post
I asked the dealer and she didn't have any idea. It seems to only happen after its been on for a while so we couldn't get it hot in the service bay
Which dealer have you been going to, sounds like a fun place to get serviced
Old 07-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #32
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It is 99% the same truck. The 1% is for any changes made.
I don't know the actual percent of change...

but it is enough to make me want to trade. I have already talked myself out of a sweet 2012 dc TRD 4x4 off road in Silver...even spoke to the salesman this morning and said I'll pass

but have actually given thought this evening to go ahead and trade up.

admittedly, I'd be trading an SR5 for TRD...so the trade up would be more than just model year.

but without the front end changes, and interior changes...it wouldn't even be on my radar screen. smart on Toyota's part IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #33
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post

but it is enough to make me want to trade. I have already talked myself out of a sweet 2012 dc TRD 4x4 off road in Silver...even spoke to the salesman this morning and said I'll pass

admittedly, I'd be trading an SR5 for TRD...so the trade up would be more than just model year.

but without the front end changes, and interior changes...it wouldn't even be on my radar screen. smart on Toyota's part IMO.

that is exactly what i did....went from an SR5 to TRD O/R. i also went to a 6 cyl, automatic crew cab vs my manual 5 spd access cab. Wasnt a bad deal considering i traded in my '11 for only $1800 less then i paid brand new and i beat the snot out of for 20,000 miles in one year.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #34
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post

That's all subjective. The look of the truck doesn't detract the fact that the truck is the same. Which is Whipper's point. And that was my point earlier in the thread. OP, Don't count out earlier 4x4 models. You might save some cash.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #35
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is chocked full of win.

Fink
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #36
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
That's all subjective. The look of the truck doesn't detract the fact that the truck is the same. Which is Whipper's point. And that was my point earlier in the thread. OP, Don't count out earlier 4x4 models. You might save some cash.
Correct. Mechanically, it is the same truck. Ergonomically as well.

my point was in addition to yours and whippersnappers, not a challenge to your post/position.

and my point is: the front end and interior changes placed the truck on my radar screen, where the 2011 had no appeal to me driving a 2010. the changes are significant enough, and the timing is long enough, for me to give it thought.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
OP, Don't count out earlier 4x4 models. You might save some cash.
yea might be able to, but with the ridiculous resale values on these, your probably better off going new unless you get like an 05/06. Even then they arent that far off from new and you wont get the agressive financing rates, rebate & toyota care. just a thought.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #38
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
The DCLB used in my area were only about 1k less than the new ones. One dealer had a 06 with 32 k miles sitting next to the 12 for 27k. Totally nuts. I didn't bother to haggle for a used, but with some back and forth plus $1500 for toyo financing I got thousands less than a 11 with some mileage for my brand new 12 with 45 miles on the clock.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
asalik is on a distinguished road
Navy: SK2
Name: Allan
asalik's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a 12 and love it! does have a fancy radio...Does it make coffee?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have a 2012 Tacoma?

Yes