Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4'' Lift on 05 2wd Prerunner. will this work?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Tunajoe13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Tunajoe13's Tacoma Gallery
4'' Lift on 05 2wd Prerunner. will this work?

Hello
Looking to lift my 05 2wd Prerunner will Camburg's 4'' lift spindal kit in the front and Allpro's expedition 3'' leaf pack kit in the rear. Apparently the expedition leaf pack will give 4'' of lift without 400-500lbs of load in the bed. Both lift kits come with extended brake lines.
My questions are...
1. Do i need front coilovers with a spindal lift right away or can I wait a bit using factory shocks?
2. What will be my max rim and tire size? (Im looking to rock 33's on 20's or 18's).
3. How much total lift would I actually be getting with lift and tires?
4. Will I need back spacers?
5. Is there anything else I'll need that im forgetting right now? LOL

This is my first lift and I wanna do it right. Thanks all!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
First off good choice on lifts, you dont need coilovers right away so your good there. You will be able to run 33's and if you want to trim and cut alot your can run 34's and even 35's . You will get 4 inches of lift from teh spindles and a maybe and inch or more depending on the tires you get. Spacers will be dependent on the offset and backspacing or your rims you get....

Only i can see you might be missing is extended brake lines... other will add if i missed something too
Old 07-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Tunajoe13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Tunajoe13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
First off good choice on lifts, you dont need coilovers right away so your good there. You will be able to run 33's and if you want to trim and cut alot your can run 34's and even 35's . You will get 4 inches of lift from teh spindles and a maybe and inch or more depending on the tires you get. Spacers will be dependent on the offset and backspacing or your rims you get....

Only i can see you might be missing is extended brake lines... other will add if i missed something too
Thanks! I forgot to mention that they both come with extended brake lines. So with adjustable coilovers and rear blocks I could get even more out of that lift?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Mmm im not sure check some of the threads about spindles (im 4x4 so i dont know everything about them) but the more preload you put on coilovers the stiffer the ride....