1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Battery no AC (for a while)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1980, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Jul 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM

1980 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Just wondered if anyone had this happen.

I got a new battery today (was starting OK but the truck is an 06 on the original battery so I thought I'd get one this summer before I might need one next winter).

The NAPA battery was a bit taller than Toyota's so I had to drill the back bracket hook off and make one about 3/4 inch longer out of all thread to get the bracket to work but this was minor.

What concerned me, however, was that I had no air conditioning (had it on the trip over to get the battery). I drove nearly all the way back home (about 20 miles) when all of a sudden it kicked in.

The AC seems to be working OK now but I wondered if anyone has heard of the AC not working when the battery is disconnected (no fuses blown or anything)?

2. Apr 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    obscurotron

obscurotron Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    Too many to list, and I've probably forgotten a bunch.
    Resurrecting this post. I had the same thing happen to me on a 2012 DC today. Disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes, reconnected, got in, realized it was hot outside. Turned on the AC and it blew ambient air. Got on the phone to the local dealer to make an appointment and halfway through the call the AC started working (about 15 minutes after I had initially tried to turn it on).

WTF, Toyota. Really?

3. Jul 25, 2016 at 9:03 AM
    TreeFortRichard

TreeFortRichard Barcelona Red is the best red...

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    42.3115167,-71.6638516
    Vehicle:
    '23 SR5 DCSB 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Just to chime in here to keep this alive..It seems to be a legit electrical delay on the AC kicking in after a battery disconnect...I had the battery disconnected overnight for some work I was doing and then finished up the next day an reconnected...No AC for about 20 min...I thought I really screwed something up...I would push the AC button, it would light, but you could feel it wasn't engaging and of course there was just hot air coming out...and then I got home, truck off...next start up the AC kicked in and all is good now...

Products Discussed in

To Top