Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnetic Grey or White?

View Poll Results: What color do you like?
White 102 41.30%
Magnetic Gray 145 58.70%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Mag grey looks better IMO , but shows all scratches , whereas white does not
Old 07-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
That's my reason for getting white over the gray.

Plus I like the high contrast look of the stormtrooper builds.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

looks will all be opinionated...

The facts are white is the better color for keeping engine temps down, scratches, dents, dirt, life, etc.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I like both but get white if you wheel.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
You will end up getting the white cause the MGM is a pain in the ass to find. At least out here it is.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
Grue00 is on a distinguished road
Grue00's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Gray and much prefer any darkish color. Long drives staring at a white hood make my eyes tired.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #27
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Silver
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #28
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
This....^^^....

+ Talk to any body shop guy worth his weight and he will tell you white hides scratches, dirt, and dents far better then ANY other color. It's a fact.

Wut? It's physically impossible for white to look as dirty as dark colors. You guys need to get off the pot.

White paint is usually harder then darker colors or so I was told.

This...
Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned several white vehicles...

and without question, white is the most forgiving color on car/truck.

As noted, the white hides scratches, dents,dings, and is one of the easiest colors to repair (paint match)

It's why most homes have painted white ceilings as well.

it's just, sometimes hard to spend 30K (or more) on a new truck and not get a cool color. I had mostly white trucks when I was building full time and running hard. but now, I'm older...move slower...and want some color in my life.

I like the "precious metals" colors
Old 07-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #30
Avid Jeep Hater
JPT is on a distinguished road
Name: JP
JPT's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the people on this thread said that the preferred MGM, do u guys think the white with all black or Magnetic gray with all black looks better? just trying to get opinions.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would get white, but I night be a little biast. Haha but mgm is also great.
And white definitely stays way cleaner and hides scratches and dents
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #32
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Most of the people on this thread said that the preferred MGM, do u guys think the white with all black or Magnetic gray with all black looks better? just trying to get opinions.
The MGM is a lot like black.

If you enjoy detailing your truck regularly, go for it.

however, if you don't care for a second job...and/or if you off road a lot...go with the white.

I like the white & black trim...if you are going to black out a lot of parts.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #33
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
IMO MGM w/ looks more aggressive

White w/ black looks cleaner.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #34
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
White with the roofrack and black tube steps and other black accents would look great. That would have been my choice if I were to buy now. MGM looks awesome, too. Tough call!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted MGM but I could find a left over '11 in that color so I bought super white.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #36
Silver DCLB is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
Silver DCLB's Tacoma Gallery
magnetic grey is sick. if i were to buy another Tacoma it would definitely be magnetic grey!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
xrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tyler
xrgilly's Tacoma Gallery
this is my debate as well, i wish swb was still available id be getting my new truck in that
Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #38
Brad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to beholdBrad Lord is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
Brad Lord's Tacoma Gallery
Magnetic grey is my choice but white is nice also.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
blondes...brunettes...redheads...

if you are young enough, you'll have time to try them all
Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #40
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I voted for magnetic grey.