Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnetic Grey or White?

View Poll Results: What color do you like?
White 102 41.30%
Magnetic Gray 145 58.70%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
0~ 0~ 0~
670 is on a distinguished road

670's Tacoma Gallery
my previous 09 access cab was white and loved the looked of it with black accessories and most off all is not having to always clean it. i had hard time deciding on these 2 colors when it was time for me to get a new taco. i ended up choosing mgm and now wish i had chosen white, but if i had chosen white at first i would have felt the same way with the mgm. either way bro, there both nice color but i voted MGM
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My girl says white looks like a fleet car. Ironically, I heard several other people say the exact some thing after she said it. I always liked white but I prefer MGM esp when you are paying $$$ and have a choice.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #43
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
MGM takes me around 45 minutes to wash, dry and detail away the water spotting.

White takes me around 10-15 minutes to wash, drying is optional and there's no need to detail away the water spots.

With MGM I cry when it rains. With white I don't give a sh*t.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #44
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingTaco View Post
MGM takes me around 45 minutes to wash, dry and detail away the water spotting.

White takes me around 10-15 minutes to wash, drying is optional and there's no need to detail away the water spots.
noted...

MGM is a lot like black...a second job. BTDT
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #45
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery

white!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #47
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post

white!
brochure pic!

excellent
Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #48
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery

pure seks.. no fleet
Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #49
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
good lookin truck...what's with the front tag?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #50
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
good lookin truck...what's with the front tag?
what do you mean
Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #51
Huge Member
ScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the roughScreamingTaco is a jewel in the rough

Army:
ScreamingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
noted...

MGM is a lot like black...a second job. BTDT
Yeah. The problem with black (I had a black Tacoma) is that everything is black, and blacks that don't match look like sh*t. Cleaning the black paint would bring attention to the dirt on the black rubber. Cleaning the black rubber would bring attention to the dirt in the black wheelwells. Missing a spot during the washing process would stand out like a sore thumb once the truck dried, which would necessitate another wash. After waxing I'd have to scrape the excess wax out of seams. When done it looked awesome but it was a hell of a lot of work to maintain.

When my wife bought her Rav4 I talked her out of black. We went with MGM because it looked great. It's not as bad as black to keep clean since washing the paint doesn't make the rest of the black parts look bad, but road dust is light grey on a dark grey car and it waterspots nearly as bad.

For my new Tacoma I went with white. Road dust isn't noticeable until theres a lot of it, and even with mud it looks clean underneath. Because of the white paint the black parts can be dirty yet still look black. It makes me realize why most commercial fleet trucks are white, but the white Tacoma's black detailing helps make it look more sporty than a GMC Seirra.

Plus i feel that white is the only colour that looks good with the chrome grill surround.

[/url]
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #52
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
what do you mean
why is it mounted off center? front tags required in TX?
Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #55
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
MGM FTW!! As for MGM being compared to Black I find that hard to believe my truck hides dirt far better than my wife's Black Corolla. I had a white Camaro Z28 and when it was cleaned it was sexy but when it rained I cried b/c it showed dirt ridiculously bad, just my .02
Old 07-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #56
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Either is win. Had a 09 MGM now a 12 SW.
I peeped your gallery...

you have a very nicely customized truck.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #57
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
MGM FTW!! As for MGM being compared to Black I find that hard to believe my truck hides dirt far better than my wife's Black Corolla. I had a white Camaro Z28 and when it was cleaned it was sexy but when it rained I cried b/c it showed dirt ridiculously bad, just my .02
that's because you live in hillbilly NW North Carolina that probably doesn't have paved roads yet

(just kidding, 'cause I live in redneck NW Florida...that's basicially lower Alabama. and yeah...our county still has some clay/dirt/sand roads.)
Old 07-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #58
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's because you live in hillbilly NW North Carolina that probably doesn't have paved roads yet

(just kidding, 'cause I live in redneck NW Florida...that's basicially lower Alabama. and yeah...our county still has some clay/dirt/sand roads.)
Bahahaha.....naw we have them paved roads up here, but yeah there's still some dirt roads
Old 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #59
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
Bahahaha.....naw we have them paved roads up here, but yeah there's still some dirt roads

I'll take hillbilly or redneck all day long, over big city metro urban douchebag living.

just an opinion...I mean no disrespect to the big city metro urban douchebags
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #60
malay4785 is on a distinguished road
Name: Malay
malay4785's Tacoma Gallery
SuperWhite! Love the look of mud on a white truck.