Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Magnetic Grey or White?

View Poll Results: What color do you like?
White 102 41.30%
Magnetic Gray 145 58.70%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 AM   #81
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
thw question should be what color do YOU prefer. Who cares about what we prefer. it will be your truck and get what YOU like.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #82
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with either but look how man white Tacomas are out there. Because of that, I'd say MGM.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #83
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff7877 View Post
Can't go wrong with either but look how man white Tacomas are out there. Because of that, I'd say MGM.
There's a lot more of MGM than white..
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #84
Bfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to allBfry86 is a name known to all

Name: Brandon
Bfry86's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my Taco this past weekend and settled with Black Sand given I couldn't find MGM. Interestingly enough, the majority of the ones I found for sale were white. All personal preference but I'd go with MGM!!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #85
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757 Taco View Post
Ill be the first to admit im wrong when I am. Learned something new, thanks man!
My son had the same thoughts as when he waxed his 2011 white taco the cloth came away with white paint in it. Normal for single stage paint. That is why you can get rid of scratches so easily the waxing / cleaning buffs off the paint and smooths out minor scratches etc... That is why I made sure to go with silver when I bought my 2012.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #86
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
There's a lot more of MGM than white..
Not out here! Every other Tacoma is white. I never see many MGM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #87
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I LOVE my MGM, but if you're a freak about scratches and stuff, go with white. Both are great colors!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #88
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
My son had the same thoughts as when he waxed his 2011 white taco the cloth came away with white paint in it. Normal for single stage paint. That is why you can get rid of scratches so easily the waxing / cleaning buffs off the paint and smooths out minor scratches etc... That is why I made sure to go with silver when I bought my 2012.

Thats very odd. I waxed mine a lot and never once did the paint come off....
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #91
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Thats very odd. I waxed mine a lot and never once did the paint come off....
Did you use a paste cleaner and wax or liquid?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #92
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I used both the spray liquid and the paste types. Not once in over 4 years of having my truck did I ever see a bit of paint come off by waxing. I seriously think your son should get his truck looked at...
Old 08-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #93
4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
4x4Taco2012's Tacoma Gallery
MGM! Used to have a white one back in the day and it just doesn't pop like the MGM...especially in the sun. At different points in the day the MGM looks gray, silver and black. One of my favorite parts about the color.