1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Cab with 3 car seats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 05TacoSr5, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jul 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Truth! +1 for that!

2. Jul 21, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    Signcutter21

Signcutter21 Member

Member:
    Lake Chuck, LA
    I recently got purchased an '12 DC. With the 4 month rear facing behind the driver's seat, my 6'3" frame was cramped with the seat about half way forward. The 7 yr old in a booster on the passneger rear had enough room and the front seat was also about half way forward. My better half (5'3" 116 lb) was able to squeeze in the middle between the two kids and said she was ok but legs were cramped with the driveshaft hump. I tried and was miserable. I think putting a third seat in the middle would be pushing it (and as other's have said, no LATCH positions and the owner's manuel doesn't recommend placing one there either).

If you've already purchased a car seat, take it to the dealership and do a test fit. I did this a couple times for test drives just to see how uncomfortable it would be. The salesguy says they get that a lot.

good luck and yeah, hold off the purchase until you find out how many your having.

3. Jul 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    Yeah it was tight. I had the seat adjusted up a little and the handle still pushed into the back of seat. I got used to it over time, that and I'm no giant I am only 5.6. :eek:

4. Jul 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    We also have a GMC Yukon and the problem with that was it has rear buckets and the rear facing fit a little but better but it was still close fit. We too use the Tacoma more around town because it get better fuel economy even with the lift.:cool:

5. Jul 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
  6. Jul 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    Superdavert

Superdavert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Athens, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport DC SB
    MB Legacy wheels 285/70 17 BFG KO2s ProComp 2" leveling kit, Foglight anytime mod, Sockmonkey TRD Sport bedside decals, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Toyota bed extender, Aries black nerf bars, Pop & Lock
    I have 1 rear facing on the passenger side since my wife is 5'1". I tried it on the driver side an was amazed on how much I had to move the seat up. I'm only 5'9" and I was ok, but not confortable. I definately can't imagine 3 seats in the back. I would either get a Tundra or wait and see if you're having twins.

Products Discussed in

To Top