Notices

Double Cab with 3 car seats

Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
05TacoSr5 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2T071 Traffic Management Craftsman
Name: Josh
05TacoSr5's Tacoma Gallery
Double Cab with 3 car seats

Anyone have experience with having 3 car seats in a Double Cab Tacoma? Wife has the Sequoia bug, but I want to get a Double Cab Tacoma. She's worried that if we have twins we won't have any room.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine has 2 car seats in the back of their Tacoma and the room is okay. I am not sure how space is going to be there with three of them back there. If it was booster seat then it would be better.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
Seems the owners manual says only two as I recall.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I use to booster seats and plenty of room
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Pick the one you love the least and make them ride in the bed?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I see you driving a Dodge Caravan in your future.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
05TacoSr5 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2T071 Traffic Management Craftsman
Name: Josh
05TacoSr5's Tacoma Gallery
I think what going to happen is we're going to by the DCab taco and have twins, but if we have the Sequoia we only will have one more. I'm in a position to pay cash for the Taco, but not the Sequoia. We looked at a Sienna and the AWD model was as much as a 4WD Sequoia.

I need to make MSgt to afford the Sequoia anyway.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
I have twins and I have two car seats in the back of my DC and you will only have about a foot between the two of them... So 3 is a no go!
Old 07-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #11
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Pick the one you love the least and make them ride in the bed?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Family planning via Taco. That's hardcore. Maybe you can get a Wrangler Unlimited- those are the new "mommy-wagons".

But seriously, there are only two sets of LATCH anchors in the back, so car seats on the outboard positions, booster in the middle is all you could do.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #13
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
I see you driving a Dodge Caravan in your future.

Time for a "swagger wagon" man!! Pretty sure you can mod minivans right? Add a lift, some tires, maybe a dual exhaust. haha-

One thing I will point out since having my truck for a few weeks with my little guy (2 years old and in a carseat). He sits up much higher in the Taco (dc) then the car I had as well as mommy's car. He loves it due to better visibility both in front and to the sides. He can see everything and is much more entertained by busses, trucks, etc. He loves riding in daddy's truck! Could easily fit two car seats and maybe a booster via seatbelt. Good luck bud-
Old 07-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #14
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OP, assuming you start out with the rear facing car seat, which you should be, mine, to have it directly behind the seat, the seat has to be ajusted all the way forward!!!! I almost shit, when I had to to that, but the good thing is, it fits in the middle of the back seat, and the passenger seat can be moved back again. So I honestly can't imagine 2 rear facing car seats in a DC tacoma. Forward facing, I'm sure all good. I got my truck after my 1st son was already in a booster seat, and that was just fine.

Good luck with the Twins!!! I don't envy you!! LOL. My 7yo and 1 month old is enough! .
Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #15
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
I had a one point I had a forward facing car seat and a rear facing which was tight. Now I have. A booster for the my 5 year old and a front facing for my almost 2 year old and they fit good. Every now and then I can squeeze a second booster in there for my niece but that is pushing it. If you need a truck I would try the Tundra the back seat in the Crewmax is huge.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
I had a one point I had a forward facing car seat and a rear facing which was tight. Now I have. A booster for the my 5 year old and a front facing for my almost 2 year old and they fit good. Every now and then I can squeeze a second booster in there for my niece but that is pushing it. If you need a truck I would try the Tundra the back seat in the Crewmax is huge.
Did you have to have the seat it was behind moved all the way up? I was shocked when I tried mine behind the seat.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #17
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Two car seat truck here. One rear facing and one front facing. Like already stated: rear facing seats take up ALOT of room! My passenger side seat is one click from being all the way forward and the drivers seat get kicked by my son because his feet are so close. Between the two car seats is about one foot of space so three seats is a no go. We also have a Honda Odyssey but find ourselves taking the Tacoma most everywhere we go. For a family of four the Tacoma suits us well.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #18
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you make your decision AFTER you find out if you're having twins or not??? Seems highly logical.

It seems like you really want a Tacoma, so hope for one child only. Or have your wife take up heavy smoking and drinking.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Two car seat truck here. One rear facing and one front facing. Like already stated: rear facing seats take up ALOT of room! My passenger side seat is one click from being all the way forward and the drivers seat get kicked by my son because his feet are so close. Between the two car seats is about one foot of space so three seats is a no go. We also have a Honda Odyssey but find ourselves taking the Tacoma most everywhere we go. For a family of four the Tacoma suits us well.
LOL, poor wife gets her knees in her chest and you get kicked all ride long??!!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #20
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
LOL, poor wife gets her knees in her chest and you get kicked all ride long??!!
Well the wifey is only 5 feet tall so she's ok. My son only kicks when he's tired of riding. It beats driving a minivan!