1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone done business with Classic Soft Trim?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TrippinEx, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Jul 30, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    TrippinEx

TrippinEx [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Kenwood DNX7100, leather seats, rims, K&N Filter
    Curious as to what your experience was with them.

2. Aug 2, 2007 at 8:24 AM
    Snickrz

Snickrz Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have had CST put leather in my 4Runner and in my Tundra. I am still up in the air about getting leather in my forthcoming Taco, though. The 4Runner leather was great and looked better than factory. The Tundra does not look as good as factory, but is still nice. They make zero errors on the 4Runner and 2 on the Tundra. Hope that helps! I would use them again if I were in the market.

3. Aug 2, 2007 at 11:44 AM
    TrippinEx

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    What were the 2 errors that you found?

4. Aug 2, 2007 at 12:18 PM
    Snickrz

Member:
    Actually, I had three complaints. First, if you look at factory leather on a Tundra, the seat back has three leather panels and each panel rolls out and then tucks in at the seam. Mine has three panels, but it just looks like they took a single sheet of leather and stiched lines in it to 'look' Factory. I got used to it, but it wasn't 'factory looking. (my 4Runner on the other hand was way better looking than factory...so go figure)

When I picked up the truck they somehow put the armrests in upside down, which it took an hour to get fixed correctly. Oh, seeing as Tacoma's don't have armrests on the seat, this is not really applicable, but if you look at the zipper on a factory Tundra armrest the zipper goes from top to bottom so the actually zipper is underneath and away from your elbow. CTS put thier zipper bottom to top. I have mine zipped halfway down to make it comfortable.

Finally, and sorry this is so verbose, there are two panels that go inside the back of the rear seats so when you fold them you can have a hard surface under the carpeting to set things on. They took them out and never replaced them. It was months before I realized it and by then they were gone, so now I have cardboard in there.

5. Aug 7, 2007 at 7:50 PM
    TrippinEx

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    I got my leather installed by Classic Soft Trim. I went with the stock kit for the Tacoma. It came out great. Worth the money. If you like leather and have cloth in your Tacoma, I would definitely suggest getting it installed by Classic Soft Trim.

6. Aug 8, 2007 at 6:28 AM
    Snickrz

Member:
    Great! I am glad you are happy with it. Could you take some photos for everyone to see? I am as curious about it as the next guy and would love to see how it looks in a Tacoma

7. Aug 8, 2007 at 8:21 AM
    TrippinEx

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    I'll take some pics and post this weekend.

8. Aug 12, 2007 at 5:57 PM
    TrippinEx

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Here are the pics of the leather I had installed in my '06 Tacoma last week. In one of the pics of the rear seat, you can see where the leather even had the label where the hooks would go for a LATCH system car seat.

Installed Leather

9. Aug 13, 2007 at 6:56 AM
    Snickrz

Member:
    I like the two-tone. What that the stock Taco kit? That looks a lot better than what they did in my Tundra (although it is still nice). I had decided to pass on leather this go round, but now I am second guessing!

10. Aug 13, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    TrippinEx

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Yup, it's the stock kit. I had debatted about doing a custom kt, but decided to stick with the stock. I've been really happy with it.

11. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I'm looking into leather for my truck and looking to have Custom Soft Trim do the install. I talked to them today, they want $1295 for the leather interior and another $400 if I want the seats heated. I'm going to take a ride down to their shop next week and check them out. The manager said they do about 25 interiors a week. That is alot of interiors.

12. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Rereading my post I meant Classic Soft Trim. I also plan to get another estimate from a local custom interior shop.

13. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    Inomotiv

Inomotiv Member

Member:
    San Marcos
    TRD Larry, that is mucho expensive. Talk to iamrayzian about his leather interior.

14. Mar 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    The price seemed high to me, but they seemed to be recommended and no complaints about their work.

15. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    Inomotiv

Inomotiv Member

Member:
    San Marcos
    I have seen the leather from Classic Soft Trim. I a little turned off by it. The texture looks like pebble stone. iamrayzian got a set of Katzkin but after a week he doesn't like it. He said it was a little loose and it is not fitting tight. Eventually he got a set from Pecca with seat warmers.

16. Mar 23, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I installed katzins in mine and I love them. It is super tight and I haven't noticed any defects other than a few threads sticking out but a quick snip with scissors fixed that. $675 shipped. took about 6 hours on a saturday to install. install is pretty straight forward.

17. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Once upon a time - like 13 years ago - I worked for Classic Soft Trim(CST)... The interior kits were well built & fit snug. I am currently looking into leather for my new ride. Katzkins look great, but the best price I could find the way I wanted it is about $814.00
    CST is primarily an installer & not a retailer of the kits. I'm waiting on a response to my email inquiry on a kit from them.:notsure:
    I've got some time this week so I'll keep researching. I'm debating on weather or not to post the build. Have yet to see one documented.(I could be wrong)
    :typing:

18. Mar 31, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    I would be interested in what you find out from CST. I have talke dto them about an interior in my truck. very expensive the kits with their install.

19. Apr 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    OK... The kit is on order from CST...:drool:
    More info to follow....:wave:

20. Apr 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco

Products Discussed in

To Top