1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discount Tire & (TPMS) - PROPS!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hydrabyte, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    Hydrabyte

Hydrabyte [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    1987 4Runner
    Had a 09 TRD with Moto's and BFG's from Discount tire, 3+ years ago. Recently traded up to a 2012, beforehand I stripped the 09 lift, wheels & tires and reinstalled on my new Taco. Then my TPMS light came on and couldn't reset myself. Stopped by DT after work, they hooked up their programing machine, said they couldn't do anything except sell me new TPMS. Made appointment since I couldn't live with that light on my new MGM, dropped off and expected a ~$300 plus tab. Came back 45 minutes later, apparently their programming machine was low on battery power the day before and didn't read it correctly, 09 TPMS does work on 2012 trucks, despite online comments about frequency changes. Also note, DT lifetime rotate and balance applies no matter what vehicle they were originally installed on. Total bill from DT, $0.00. Good to know not every business out there will rip you off!

Products Discussed in

To Top