1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone who has removed oem fenders or installed fiberglass fenders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by markmatters, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    markmatters

markmatters [OP] Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    I tried removing my oem fenders to install fiberglass ones, i removed all the screws/bolts and tried yanking on it with no avail...im still kinda scared as i didnt find a how to guide...can any one give me tips/how to/guide/pictures on how to remove them?

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    All the bolts? Should 2 have nuts by the headlights 3 bolts across the top and then 3 behind the door. But I just unbolted then pulled like crazy. Hopefully somebody can help you more.

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    markmatters

markmatters [OP] Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Lol, everyone has told me to pull like crazy...others...to be careful.pulling like crazy because itll fuck up the paint...did you remove your headlights?

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    definitely remove the headlights you will need to when mounting the fiberglass anyways and it will help getting the fenders off now

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    markmatters

markmatters [OP] Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Alright, round two a little later as its 91 degrees with 41% humidity out there...probably the reason i didnt want to pull like crazy and decided to go indoors instead.

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    good luck, it's not overly difficult. in pulling the oem fenders, with force, you will break the oem plastic fastening points (orange in color if i recall) they simply are pushed into the metal portion of the fender underneath the oem plastic fenders. this fastening point hardware should be replaced by any aftermarket flares hardware provided. there should be no disruption of the factory paint, but CAN be a noticeable paint difference of where the oem flares actually lied versus the aftermarket items flares. hope this helps :)

7. Jul 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    markmatters

markmatters [OP] Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner

thanks! but i think you're referring to the flares only, no? I'll be removing the whole fenders to install some fiberglass ones..i've gotten some good info from other members but would still like pictures or a how to...just for kicks.

8. Jun 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    Tacoma93Tap

Tacoma93Tap Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ertap
    LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma t/x
    2.5 King Shocks and TC UCA
    how easy was it to install the fenders?

Products Discussed in