Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone who has removed oem fenders or installed fiberglass fenders

Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
anyone who has removed oem fenders or installed fiberglass fenders

I tried removing my oem fenders to install fiberglass ones, i removed all the screws/bolts and tried yanking on it with no avail...im still kinda scared as i didnt find a how to guide...can any one give me tips/how to/guide/pictures on how to remove them?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
All the bolts? Should 2 have nuts by the headlights 3 bolts across the top and then 3 behind the door. But I just unbolted then pulled like crazy. Hopefully somebody can help you more.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Lol, everyone has told me to pull like crazy...others...to be careful.pulling like crazy because itll fuck up the paint...did you remove your headlights?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
definitely remove the headlights you will need to when mounting the fiberglass anyways and it will help getting the fenders off now
Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Viejon

Firefighter:
Alright, round two a little later as its 91 degrees with 41% humidity out there...probably the reason i didnt want to pull like crazy and decided to go indoors instead.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
good luck, it's not overly difficult. in pulling the oem fenders, with force, you will break the oem plastic fastening points (orange in color if i recall) they simply are pushed into the metal portion of the fender underneath the oem plastic fenders. this fastening point hardware should be replaced by any aftermarket flares hardware provided. there should be no disruption of the factory paint, but CAN be a noticeable paint difference of where the oem flares actually lied versus the aftermarket items flares. hope this helps
Old 07-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Viejon

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
good luck, it's not overly difficult. in pulling the oem fenders, with force, you will break the oem plastic fastening points (orange in color if i recall) they simply are pushed into the metal portion of the fender underneath the oem plastic fenders. this fastening point hardware should be replaced by any aftermarket flares hardware provided. there should be no disruption of the factory paint, but CAN be a noticeable paint difference of where the oem flares actually lied versus the aftermarket items flares. hope this helps

thanks! but i think you're referring to the flares only, no? I'll be removing the whole fenders to install some fiberglass ones..i've gotten some good info from other members but would still like pictures or a how to...just for kicks.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Tacoma93Tap is on a distinguished road
Name: Ertap
Tacoma93Tap's Tacoma Gallery
how easy was it to install the fenders?