1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Luck strikes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by double09, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    double09

double09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Jacksonville IL
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab LB TRD Package
    Side windows tinted, 8 in windshield strip, remote start, head lights
    So I'm in the market for a new drivers seat for my 2009 double cab sr5 trd sport double cab.

Here's the story I was at the park with my two little cousins, mom, and pregnant sister. Well being hot out my sister wasn't feeling good so I let her take my truck so she could go back home. Well some sort of medication she took made her stomach up set and she had diareah in the drivers seat in my truck. I'm pretty sure that even the foam in the seat is ruined and about a 5 inch spot in diameter of a stain. My truck smells terrible to where i don't even want to drive it. So if anybody has a drivers seat that would fit the truck let me know if not I might go to an apolstory shop and get a new peice of foam cut and a new bottom seat cover. I just paid to get my windshield fixed yesterday because the guy that owned the truck before me put a new windshield in it and the gasket didn't set and pulled up.

2. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Bender581

Bender581 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 4X4 Tacoma
    Gobi roof rack. Icon coilovers, Icon tubular UCAs, FOX 2.0 rear shocks, Icon 3-leaf progressive AAL.
    :eek: It happens. I thought you were going to say her water broke.

3. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    ive heard if you put a bowl of white vinegar it will take bout any smell out. some guy used it for spilled old milk. that reeks awful too. said it cleared it right up. maybe try the cleaning section im sure those professionals see it all. you may be able to clean it like new idk

4. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    double09

double09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Jacksonville IL
    Vehicle:
    You spray the vinegar or what? Ive never heard of that

5. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    toy teccoil overs 2.5 lift.600lb springs, allpro expedition leaf pack. cbi hybrid bumper, cbi slider,cbi rear bumper swing arm, roof rack ghostflames, sport hood, tsb steering, trd cai, red map lights, derp works custom platform for bed. backup cam any time mod, fog light any time mod. bed light mod. 400watt inverter mod. 2857516 dura tracs. beach sand intsall and a lot more shite
    no they say leave it in the car in the sun for like aday windows up. and a guess it neutralizes it. i havent tried it but it makes since. i was gonna try it to get the smoke smell out of my truck and stop smoking in in it. they said that worked for them.

6. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    ..... just get a new seat

7. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Dang OP, that's shitty situation :rimshot:

8. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    TexasWhiteIce

TexasWhiteIce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 White DCLB SR5 - Blackout
    get a new seat.....

9. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    17, 2008 / by admin how to deodorize your car

[​IMG]

Your grande latte splatters as you miss a near collision. A carton of Chinese take-home leaks. Your chain-smoking friend just has to have a fix as you’re on your way to a concert. Bad odors in cars seem to linger…and linger. Check out the list below of various remedies to get rid of a bad odor in your car (most from the Associated Press article here).

• charcoal: Set an open bag in the car to absorb odors. Best part is that you can still grill with them after they absorb the smell.
    • fresh coffee grounds: Absorb odors as they dry out. They will leave a faint coffee smell, however. So if you’re not into the scent of a freshly brewed cup, this might not be the option for you.
    • vinegar: Set a bowl of white vinegar in your car. Obviously, you can only do this one if you don’t plan on driving anywhere for awhile. Overnight is best.
    • scent cover: Used by hunters to get rid of their "people smell" when out hunting. Not the cheapest solution, however. Available in sporting goods stores and online.
    • enzyme cleaner: For organic accidents (e.g. milk, pet stains). Available at pet stores.
    • baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) / Borax (sodium borate): Sprinkle generously on the odorous area, let sit, then vacuum. Or, dilute with water and scrub away.
    BIG CLEANING TIP:
    Always completely air out and dry your car after washing the interior, preferably outside. If you don’t, you’ll replace any sort of odors you once had with mildewy ones. Also, any vapors drying in your car will only help saturate other parts of the upholstery that may not have been foul-smelling to begin with. Bottomline: clean, then LET DRY!
    Technorati tags: how to get rid of car smells, deodorize, cleaning car

10. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Actually baking soda works wonders!

You should cover your seat in rice to.....works with soaking up water in a cell phone :notsure: should work with this application.....and then you can sell the seat on craigslist! :p

11. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    HA!

And sell the seat.. Regardless if the smell is gone, someone shit all over your seat and that's just nasty.

[​IMG]

12. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
  13. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    some say steam cleaner . from internet research but like the others most likely a new seat. careful with the airbags.

14. Jul 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    aptech

aptech Jetfixer

Member:
    houston
    Vehicle:
    10 dc offroad
    maybe carry[​IMG]

15. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Smoke2

Smoke2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tacoma
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4X4 LB
    Rear TSB, Firestone Air bags
    I'm not sure how bad your smell is but I had a dog urinate on my front seat of my old truck. The dog had not urinated for three days. I remove the seat and removed the cover. I washed the foam portion with all sorts of stuff, five times. I did get the surface stain off the foam and the fabric. I installed the seat back in but in two weeks the smell came back. I would highly recommend that you get a new seat.

16. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I'd just buy a new seat, clean up the old one and sell it on craigslist.

17. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    Be careful and don't get sued if selling old seat. I think that it would technically be a 'bio-hazard" ... :eek:

Baking soda will help a lot and you can remove and re-stuff the seat cushion area too.

18. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    double09

double09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Jacksonville IL
    Vehicle:
    Ive got backing soda in the seat but I know it won't get it out I really want a new seat. but till I can get a new one I have to do something. Thats why I turned to my Taco friends if you guys could keep an ear out for any body selling seats due truck payments, paying for college and I've been laid up all summer due to a torn acl surgery I cant afford a new seat straight from toyota. Thanks guys

19. Jul 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Good luck man.. If worst comes to worse you could take it to an upholstery shop and have them redo the foam and cloth.. But I think a new/used seat would be cheaper to do.

And if I were you I'd take a runny shit all over your sisters bed or something in return.

20. Jul 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    double09

double09 [OP] Member

Member:
    Jacksonville IL
    Vehicle:
    Well Ive got vinegar in it baking soda in the seat, and today was my lucky day because walmart had a sale on lemons 4 for a dollar. So I'm gona leave it locked up for day or so. And I think this is payback from when I backed into her mustang GT with my dads truck when I was 13 lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top