Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

maxtrac spindle lift question

Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Garrett1 is on a distinguished road
Garrett1's Tacoma Gallery
maxtrac spindle lift question

If i was to get a maxtrac 4 inch spindle lift could i still run my eagle alloy 16 inch rims? ive read where people cant run their 16 inch stock rims i was just wondering if the same applies with aftermarket rims
Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Yes - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rerunners.html
Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Yes and no. What is the backspacing on the eagles? Yes you can run a 16" wheel. No you cannot run a factory 16" without spacers. you need a minimum of 4.5 backspace to run 16's.

I am running 4.25 back spacing on a 16x8 wheel with 285/75/16 tires and have no rub.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #4
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Yes and no. What is the backspacing on the eagles? Yes you can run a 16" wheel. No you cannot run a factory 16" without spacers. you need a minimum of 4.5 backspace to run 16's.

I am running 4.25 back spacing on a 16x8 wheel with 285/75/16 tires and have no rub.
TO CLARIFY....

Its maximum back spacing and not minimum. A lot of folks confuse this and provide the wrong information.

You can't go greater than 4.5" (4.75" with 17" wheels per Maxtrac), but you can go less than 4.5". So if ones back spacing is 4.5" or less, they're golden and the spindles will clear fine