Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black Fender Flares on a 2nd Gen Impulse Red Tacoma

Old 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
sdixon86 is on a distinguished road
sdixon86's Tacoma Gallery
Black Fender Flares on a 2nd Gen Impulse Red Tacoma

I have a 2005 Impulse Red Tacoma and the Fender Flares are fading to orange. First question is, does anyone know if I could fix this? Would a paint shop be able to match my trucks paint since it might be faded?
Secondly, does anyone have photos of black fender flares on an Impulse Red Tacoma?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
No photos but I am selling my fenders if you don't want to paint yours.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
Impulse red flares? I'd be interested if you were in my area so i could see 'em before they were on the truck, but Ill have to pass.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The black ones on red trucks looks badass. There are some pics around but are in random other topic threads. I'll try to find one that I just saw the other day...........

Here's one. Not sure if it's barcelona or impulse but doesn't matter because black on either red looks good IMO............

Old 07-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I love the black flares on our trucks. Easy to maintain, looks great, paint won't chip. I still don't understand why they paint the 4x4 ones.
Looks are for bros; I want functional awesomeness.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Thanks. Im still thinking about going to Bushwacker Black flares but not sure if i want to spend the $ on them. If i do that then i will definitly replace the bumper with a black steel one. What do you think?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
I vote black, looks BA
Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Baum is on a distinguished road

Army: 3-2 SBCT
Name: Tyler
Baum's Tacoma Gallery
I am sold on the idea. Pretty sure I am going to Plasti Dip my flares tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdixon86 View Post
I have a 2005 Impulse Red Tacoma and the Fender Flares are fading to orange. First question is, does anyone know if I could fix this? Would a paint shop be able to match my trucks paint since it might be faded?
Secondly, does anyone have photos of black fender flares on an Impulse Red Tacoma?
Many do not realize there is a TSB for the shitty paint job on the fender flares with our Tacomas. I had mine re painted shortly after it was delivered, and the finish of the flares after almost looked better then the factory fenders! Your out of warranty now, but if your paint is in good condition, any good body shop could repaint your flares to match...
Old 04-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #11
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
I still don't understand why they paint the 4x4 ones.
4x4's come w black plastic ones too.

I like the looks but on my truck I'd rather have the painted to match ones myself. Doing back to black after every wash is really annoying.

Red w black does look badass though.

My fear is right around the time I'm done paying off my truck all of its fenders will by chalky white and look like s***