Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oil Catch Can Install Guide

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #41
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Hey OP, is this the same can you bought? eGhey Round Catch Can . If so, does it seem to be decent quality? and can you tell me if it has the baffle inside the can between the 2 lines? Thanks

edit: Im trying to decide between the can mentioned and this eGhey Square Catch Can
Hey ran across this picture.

I think its Coupe's ^^
Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #42
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
That is mine. I made the baffle and epoxied into place,
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #43
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
That is mine. I made the baffle and epoxied into place,
is that all you run in there? no catching media
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #44
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
No media. I did not want any media finding a home inside my engine or s/c.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #46
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered one from FleeBay. Probably sitting down at the Post Office waiting for me to get back. Will post pics of the install.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
No media. I did not want any media finding a home inside my engine or s/c.
Good point, think I'm going to make a baffle for mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
cool little mod
thanks. its useful too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Ordered one from FleeBay. Probably sitting down at the Post Office waiting for me to get back. Will post pics of the install.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
how come some catch can are expensive what is the difference??
I think just quality and the design of them. Like how some bottoms twist off instead of havimg a screw to drain oil.
But I think they all work with the same concept. I mean coupe has a supercharger and an ebay one and his works well.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #50
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.saikoumichi.com/OCC_explanation.htm

Quality of parts and design for one.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #51
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
how come some catch can are expensive what is the difference??
If I get one wana help me install it
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #55
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
subbing for the future
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #56

So after around 1000-1250 miles this is what came out of the catch can.

This is from just basic driving and the occasional hard driving.
definetly worth the 30 dollar investment IMO.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Wow that's a lot of gunk
Yeah i know, especially for just day to day driving on a N/A engine.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #59
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Cross posting at OP's request. I just posted my write up of the 42 Draft Designs Stealth Oil Catch can in this thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...es-intake.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
<SNIP> I searched for a high quality one and settled on one called the Stealth Catch can from 42 Draft Designs.

Here is what the Oil Catch can looks like. It's rather large. The can is on the expensive side, but I do believe it is of high quality and I think you get what you pay for. I think I paid just over $100, and I got it from etektuning.com

Here is the filtering media in the inside

The can has 3/4" fittings and the Tacoma uses 3/8" so I had to use some reducers to get the tubing to match the Tacoma. I searched every automotive place locally and couldn't find the reducers but I did find them on Amazon. ( 3/4" to 3/8" Barbed Reduction Coupler 5 pack in Glass Filled Black Nylon, by Eldon James Corp)

<SNIP>
^ Follow the quote to see my full write up for install.

Products Discussed in this Thread