Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I did some height measurements of my 2012 Sport today...

Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I did some height measurements of my 2012 Sport today...

and the truck stance is one half inch higher than the 2010 SR5 I had.

I assume this is the 17" sport alloys.

also the rear stance is 1/2" higher than the post TSB measurements on my SR5.

I assumed Toyota raised the front to compensate for the higher 4-leaf pack. maybe I'll put 5100's @.85 on the front after all to level the stance.

and the "taco lean" is still there. about a 1/4".
Old 07-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
and the truck stance is one half inch higher than the 2010 SR5 I had.

I assume this is the 17" sport alloys.

also the rear stance is 1/2" higher than the post TSB measurements on my SR5.

I assumed Toyota raised the front to compensate for the higher 4-leaf pack. maybe I'll put 5100's @.85 on the front after all to level the stance.

and the "taco lean" is still there. about a 1/4".
regardless of the wheel size, the tire size is still pretty even and wouldnt account for any height difference. how many miles on the 2010 when you measured? possibly coil and spring break in for the difference?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
regardless of the wheel size, the tire size is still pretty even and wouldnt account for any height difference. how many miles on the 2010 when you measured? possibly coil and spring break in for the difference?
2010 was about one month old when I documented the measurements pre TSB and post TSB.

this new sport is 1/2" all around higher than the post TSB measurements.

I figure it was the wheel/tire that made the 1/2"

2010 had 16" steelies w/ 245's
2012 has 17" alloys w/ 265's
Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2010 was about one month old when I documented the measurements pre TSB and post TSB.

bold makes no difference as that is the tire width. the next number is what matters as that tell you the percent of width that makes the sidewall height
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

check the attached image for diameter difference...
Attached Thumbnails
I did some height measurements of my 2012 Sport today...-snip.jpg  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Boss
MJLGUTH is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
MJLGUTH's Tacoma Gallery
What were the measurements of the 2012? And where are you measuring from (center of hub or ground up)? I am trying to get an accurate gauge on my lift and I forget to pre measure my stock 2012 sport. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
interesting

so, the 17" sport Bridgestones actually have less side wall height then the 16" Dunlaps that were on my SR5? giving almost the same overall diameter fron hub/center?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
interesting

so, the 17" sport Bridgestones actually have less side wall height then the 16" Dunlaps that were on my SR5? giving almost the same overall diameter fron hub/center?
Yes

Where's the measurements ?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
can we merge both of his threads into one lol
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes

Where's the measurements ?
from ground up:
LF = 34-1/2"
RF = 34-3/4"

LR = 37"
RR = 37"
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
from ground up:
LF = 34-1/2"
RF = 34-3/4"

LR = 37"
RR = 37"
Boooo

Hub to fender ?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Larry, I set my billies at 1.75" on my 2012 and had the same type of lean until the suspension finally settled in. As of right now my difference is less than 1/8"...

You may want to give it a few weeks/month depending on how much you drive it.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Boooo

Hub to fender ?
LF = 20 - 1/4"
RF = 20 - 1/2"

LR = 22 -1/2"
RR = 22 -1/2"

I both measuring from the ground or the hub...the the truck sits 1/2" higher than my 2010 did.

I even have dimensions from the ground to the body (cab) pinch welds...again, 1/2" higher on the 2012.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Larry
welcome

I thought it was the wheels (1" taller wheel, 1/2" from center...netting a half inch higher stance) but looks like that is not the case.

maybe the TRD Sport shocks have something to do with it?

reason I'm going down this road of questions: I figured at 1st look, Toyota had made a front height adjustment since the Sport now comes from factory w/ the 4-leaf rear. apparently not so.

so, I may add the 5100's @ .85 to the front to level the stance a bit. (especially since I have a set of four 5100's in my garage new in the box)

thanks
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
welcome

I thought it was the wheels (1" taller wheel, 1/2" from center...netting a half inch higher stance) but looks like that is not the case.

maybe the TRD Sport shocks have something to do with it?

reason I'm going down this road of questions: I figured at 1st look, Toyota had made a front height adjustment since the Sport now comes from factory w/ the 4-leaf rear. apparently not so.

so, I may add the 5100's @ .85 to the front to level the stance a bit. (especially since I have a set of four 5100's in my garage new in the box)

thanks
My '09 Sport came with the 4 leaf pack but had a similar front measurement to what you posted