Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How can I find out all the options that came with my Tacoma

Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Lynnspeed is on a distinguished road

Name: Lynn
Lynnspeed's Tacoma Gallery
How can I find out all the options that came with my Tacoma

I bought it used from an Audi Dealer who didn't know anything about the truck. If I go to a Toyota dealer can they look it up for me or is there a site I can put the vin number in.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW, and yes the toyota dealer can look it up for you and tell you what options your truck came with, but pretty much your trd package says pretty much everything, is it a sport or offroad?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you actually have a TRD, and not just a Tacoma with decals thrown on. I have heard of that happening. Easiest way to check is that there is a plug in the rear passenger side of the bed on all TRD's. Non TRD's don't have this...
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Make sure you actually have a TRD, and not just a Tacoma with decals thrown on. I have heard of that happening. Easiest way to check is that there is a plug in the rear passenger side of the bed on all TRD's. Non TRD's don't have this...

Yeah it is a TRD, I printed the package listing. I am wondering about the Skid plate. This truck doesnt have one. It does have the black one, but I thought there should be a silver colored one over it.

I am a rookie with a 4x4 lol. But living here out in the desert, I wanted to have a vehicle I can have some fun in....

it is an Off Road...
Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
yea that package pretty much every option on there. The silver skid plate is an accessory, some dealers can throw it on there, and print out a little thing of dealer installed options, but I don't think it would show up on the options list.

http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/accessories.html
Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
yea that package pretty much every option on there. The silver skid plate is an accessory, some dealers can throw it on there, and print out a little thing of dealer installed options, but I don't think it would show up on the options list.

http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/accessories.html

Ok, thanks... I wasn't sure. I went to "My Toyota. com" and it showed my Tacoma with a skid plate, but there isn't one on there, just a black plate. From what I am reading the silver one doesnt do much...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnspeed View Post
Yeah it is a TRD, I printed the package listing. I am wondering about the Skid plate. This truck doesnt have one. It does have the black one, but I thought there should be a silver colored one over it.

I am a rookie with a 4x4 lol. But living here out in the desert, I wanted to have a vehicle I can have some fun in....

it is an Off Road...
The silver skid is an option but be glad it doesn't have it.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #9

Ok the dealer I bought the truck from must have done some research and since i pointed out the ad they had posted that clearly said skid plate, they went to the local dealership and got one for me. Surprised the heck outa me... I thought for sure they would have said Sorry Sally your outa luck.

Two thumbs up for Chandler Audi!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnspeed View Post

Two thumbs up for Chandler Audi!!!
My wife has owned two Audi's. Their customer service is second to none. The problem with Audi's... when something comes up, it is crazy expensive to fix. Many companies should take note of how well they treat their customers.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
WOW awesome dealer, never heard of that happening
They even drove it to my house. I know I never thought those words would come out of my mouth specially since what I had to go thru with the Chevy dealers around here.....