Notices

Which Bumper For a Prerunner?

View Poll Results: Brute Force Fab VS. All Pro Front Bumpers
Brute Force Fab Hybrid 81 81.82%
All Pro w/ all the options 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Which Bumper For a Prerunner?

I have narrowed my options down to 2 different bumpers. I have a Prerunner but dont like the look of tube bumpers in general and plan on sticking to my plan of turning my truck into a Mid-travel. BruteForceFab hybrid was an exception since I could still have a winch and all plus its a beastly lookin bumper. Then theres gotta be a reason why alot of guys run the AllPro and I love the cuts on their bumper too. Light hoops are a must for me as well which both have... Two totally different bumpers I know but I love the way they look... Well Ill stop rambling and you guys can lemme know what you think??

EDIT: If you have either bumper, post a pic in this thread showing it off, thanks!!

BruteForce Fabrication Hybrid Bumper
(Pic compliments of THExBUSxDRIVER)

Or All Pros Front Bumper

Old 07-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Trashy is Classy
ElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedElCid11Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
ElCid11Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That BruteForce looks awesome!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
As much as I love that Hybrid, you do know that AP has a new bumper out? and currently has them in stock and a group buy going?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-give-way.html
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I like the skid on the Bruteforce because it is wider but I ultimatley think the All Pro hides the sheetmetal behind the bumper better, has place for fogs and just looks a little cleaner overall. Hard choice tho because that hybrid does look badass. Now if you could have the hybrid style wider skid with the clean cover up on the ends like on the all pro, that'd be ultimate IMO. I'm glad this is your decision and not mine tho because it's a tough one. Both look great and will be much better protection than stock.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
DEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DEZERT TOY's Tacoma Gallery
Voted Brute. But I'm now starting to like plate bumpers haha. I dont really care for the new All Pro bumper. Just my .02
Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
As much as I love that Hybrid, you do know that AP has a new bumper out? and currently has them in stock and a group buy going?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-give-way.html
I did go and look at that just now....that bumper looks good too! Just the options kinda add up especially for powdercoat...decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I like the skid on the Bruteforce because it is wider but I ultimatley think the All Pro hides the sheetmetal behind the bumper better, has place for fogs and just looks a little cleaner overall. Hard choice tho because that hybrid does look badass. Now if you could have the hybrid style wider skid with the clean cover up on the ends like on the all pro, that'd be ultimate IMO. I'm glad this is your decision and not mine tho because it's a tough one. Both look great and will be much better protection than stock.
I know what you mean and its prolly why its still hard for me to choose since the all pro is cleaner looking. If bruteforce had such a way to cover up similar to all pro theyd take my money right now....
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
brute!

that bumper looks siiick
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
If bruteforce had such a way to cover up similar to all pro theyd take my money right now....
Well Billy @ Bruteforce does make a full plate bumper as well.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have heard some very positive things about brute force's armor. ato's hybrid is still the best looking tube bumper/hybrid i have ever seen. jandrews has one and its a sexy mofo and stout as hell.

edit, he had made a video showing the back side of the bumper and the design is seriously focused on strength there are gussets galore! and the quality of his welds looks almost hard to believe a person did them they are seriously nice looking.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
RECTIFIED

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i have heard some very positive things about brute force's armor. ato's hybrid is still the best looking tube bumper/hybrid i have ever seen. jandrews has one and its a sexy mofo and stout as hell.

edit, he had made a video showing the back side of the bumper and the design is seriously focused on strength there are gussets galore! and the quality of his welds looks almost hard to believe a person did them they are seriously nice looking.
I like the ato hybrid but for me it leans on more of the tube bumper side IMO. Bruteforce stands out to me specifically because of the beefy lookin skid. Im not really lookin for better built, it sounds bad but I go for looks
Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
both are solid as hell brother like i said everyone raves about brute force fab.

the guys i know that wheel pretty hard all seem to really like ato products and i can see why. i don't know much myself about brute force products but his weld look very nice and his work looks straight to me man very well designed indeed. do you plan on adding a winch to your bumper at all?

edit, sorry i looked back at your op and you said you may add a winch. well food for thought buy a bumper that has straps going to the frame if you get yourself into a bind your going to want that extra bracing.

some say you don't need it but, arb, relentless, ato,cbi, demello and some others employ them on their bumpers for a reason there have been some instances of the all pro 3 piece bumpers failing on certain pulls.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
RECTIFIED

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
both are solid as hell brother like i said everyone raves about brute force fab.

the guys i know that wheel pretty hard all seem to really like ato products and i can see why. i don't know much myself about brute force products but his weld look very nice and his work looks straight to me man very well designed indeed. do you plan on adding a winch to your bumper at all?

edit, sorry i looked back at your op and you said you may add a winch. well food for thought buy a bumper that has straps going to the frame if you get yourself into a bind your going to want that extra bracing.

some say you don't need it but, arb, relentless, ato,cbi, demello and some others employ them on their bumpers for a reason there have been some instances of the all pro 3 piece bumpers failing on certain pulls.
Exactly as you said it bro! I want a reliable bumper with a winch thats gunna help me get out of a sticky situation if the time calls for it. Not many have the brute hybrid so I think for the purpose of wanting to be different, ill end up goin with it
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Hans on build quality of both. He is also correct in that you should run frame straps/braces.

Billy does supply them and they are BEEF. They are also gusseted in a way to give more strength during a pull or push.

Frame Bracket over the bumper

Old 07-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Hybrid bumper all the way for sure.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
^^ Sweet yea Id definitely get some. Were they extra $$? or came with the bumper
Not completly sure. Might wanna ask billy on that. I just drive over to his house and hand him my money
Old 07-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat as you. Went with the group buy and got it bare. I'll powder coat it when it comes to transferring it to another Tacoma. I'm sure you've seen this before, but I've added fogs and newer derped grille. I'm super happy with mine and will be adding a winch soon!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Of those two, Brute Force. I like hybrids
Old 07-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Victory is reserved...

^

The sig got me.