Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear bumper hit

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt View Post
Does it work with the stock hitch? I had someone tap my bumper as well.
No it does not, but there is a hidden hitch integrated into the bumper itself.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
No it does not, but there is a hidden hitch integrated into the bumper itself.
That's the only reason I won't buy an aftermarket rear bumper.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Does the hitch have the same tow capacity, this may be a stupid question but I don't know what exactly s extra in the factory ow package.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Does the hitch have the same tow capacity, this may be a stupid question but I don't know what exactly s extra in the factory ow package.
To get a hitch 'rated' is really expensive due to engineering costs. I asked billy yesterday and he said that the frame would bend before the hitch gave out. I tend to believe him.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery

You can see the slot next to the plug. The license plate covers it but you can get those flip up brackets for the license plate so that you can still use it.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
I got hit in the mall lot, yes I was mall crawlin haha but my BF rear went on easily. I got hit pretty good too so I was figuring we might have to "persuade" the bumper on but nope.

I have also been hit twice in the lot at my work and this bumper has nothing to show for it except a scratch on the paint. Both incidents I was paged through the PA system only to walk out to my truck and see the other vehicles tail lights shattered on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
If you're asking about brute force he installs his own hitch in the high clearance model, and I think the same goes for the regular model.
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
To get a hitch 'rated' is really expensive due to engineering costs. I asked billy yesterday and he said that the frame would bend before the hitch gave out. I tend to believe him.
Also correct on the cost to get it rated.

I towed a trailer with a scrap car full of scrap metal which was probably more than I should have. The bumper did great and handled the load....the breaks were another story.