Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear bumper hit

Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Rear bumper hit

Well yesterday I came out to my truck and see that someone hit my rear bumper. I turn the truck on and the Trac Control and CEL are lit up. Great. I just got back from Toyota and they said the hit likely jostled the sensors?? Anyway, the sensors were reset so lights in the dash are now gone however the estimate to fix the rear bumper... $560.

Question: should I consider getting an aftermarket rear bumper at this point and if so, any recommendations?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
If you go aftermarket you won't have to worry about parking lot dings anymore, at least not in the rear. My vote goes to Bruteforce bumpers.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
X2^ I've got a bruteforce here in the shop being powder coated and it's one of the best rear bumpers I've seen.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
If you go aftermarket you won't have to worry about parking lot dings anymore, at least not in the rear. My vote goes to Bruteforce bumpers.

I like this a lot. Just went to their site. Is this the base or high clearance base? I want exactly what's pictured.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^^^
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
That thing looks clean.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
ive already been sold on their rear bumper! it looks awesome and i do believe this is the basic bumper while their high clearance requires chopping the fenders. now to decide which front bumper to go with........
Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
ive already been sold on their rear bumper! it looks awesome and i do believe this is the basic bumper while their high clearance requires chopping the fenders. now to decide which front bumper to go with........
LOL... yeah I'm already thinking if I go with this I want a new front bumper as well. And here I thought I was done with the mods...
Old 07-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
^^^
Dam that looks good.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr04 View Post
LOL... yeah I'm already thinking if I go with this I want a new front bumper as well. And here I thought I was done with the mods...
no one is ever done with mods.....even the guys with superchargers are lurking around for more....
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Pictured above is his standard bumper and I too have one. It's very, very nice. He has no problem doing custom work too like different style light cutouts. I opted for the standard cutout he usually does for the Blazer Radiant Effects, part# RE774C, 20-3727-6. They have H3 55w bulbs and go for $20 or so. I saw someone else got light cutouts for a square led block as well. He has high clearance bumpers also that look amazing with the swingout tire carrier. I'd recommend not looking at them because you will want one.

His website: http://bruteforcefab.com/REAR_BUMPERS.php
His profile: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/member.php?u=48937
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
That's it. I will call Bruteforce here shortly. How difficult are these for DYI install?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #13
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
The install went very smoothly. Take off the stock bumper by removing four bolts, swap over the lights and trailer hitch power socket and bolt up the new one. Should take a couple of hours tops with one other person helping.

Yes, mine is the standard rear bumper. I had him delete the cutouts for the high lift holes and enlarge the recovery point holes so I could run a larger shackle.

Go for it!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My install was a bit of a pain in the ass because some lady hit my old bumper in the parking lot and tweaked it the tiniest amount. Putting on the rear bumper took a lot of jack work and patience because two holes didn't want to line up and I had to play around with it until I could get the bolts in.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
If you're considering a stock chrome, there's a member selling one here. I think Fastenal shipping is pretty cheap across country. Just throwing it out there.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha score for brute force! As far as customer service is concerned, billy will do it up right. Dudes seriously legit and talented. We all know and respect BAMF, so of he gets Jerry's vote, you know it's quality stuff.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #17
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
My install was a bit of a pain in the ass because some lady hit my old bumper in the parking lot and tweaked it the tiniest amount. Putting on the rear bumper took a lot of jack work and patience because two holes didn't want to line up and I had to play around with it until I could get the bolts in.
Uh oh... that concerns me a little since that's what happened to me. Not sure if mine was tweaked or not but I'm sure I will find out...

Quote:
The install went very smoothly. Take off the stock bumper by removing four bolts, swap over the lights and trailer hitch power socket and bolt up the new one. Should take a couple of hours tops with one other person helping.

Yes, mine is the standard rear bumper. I had him delete the cutouts for the high lift holes and enlarge the recovery point holes so I could run a larger shackle.

Go for it!
Thanks very much for the info!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
If you're considering a stock chrome, there's a member selling one here. I think Fastenal shipping is pretty cheap across country. Just throwing it out there.
Appreciate it. Right now I'm leaning towards the Bruteforce. If I went OEM I would want it to match vs chrome. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #18

Well you could see it in my bumper as one side was raised up just a hair. When I got the estimate quote the guy said it looked fine but might need a slight pound to get back to normal. It's not that bad if you have someone helping you honestly. I think you should just get the HC bumper with the swingout tire carrier
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Does it work with the stock hitch? I had someone tap my bumper as well.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesIt View Post
Does it work with the stock hitch? I had someone tap my bumper as well.
If you're asking about brute force he installs his own hitch in the high clearance model, and I think the same goes for the regular model.